Question about Sitcom Title

My wife and I went to the UK for our honeymoon in 2005. While we were there, there was a show that we really enjoyed watching, but we cannot remember the title for the life of us. I have searched high and low and nothing rings a bell. It was about a stodgy Doctor who set up a surgery in the Scottish Highlands Scotland . The show revolved around the Doctor's annoyances with the local population, his revulsion to alternative medicine, and I believe that he fancied a local school teacher. I believe that the show was made recently (possibly within the last five years). Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, please let me know the name of the show.

Thanks!

I believe it's "Doc Martin" and it's set in Cornwall not Scotland-on ITV

starring Martin Clunes?

Sounds very much like “Doc Martin” starring Martin Clunes but that was set in Cornwell.

Check out the below link to see if it rings any bells

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Martin

I cant believe I got the same answer as someone :D Im so proud

Yes, that is it! Thanks so much. I'm not sure why I thought it was scotland...my memory of that week is somewhat foggy, I suppose!

Thanks again!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 3, 2007, 5:49 PM

I cant believe I got the same answer as someone :D Im so proud

If only I could type with more than one finger I would have got there before you.
:D And we were both right :D

Im jusat so proud I actually helped :D ah the overwhelment

Well done Scatterbrained Floozy - be careful though, you'll have to change your screen-name if you keep this decisiveness up!

I didnt think of that...I might have to do something ditzy to balance it out, eh?

Scotland? Cornwall? What's the difference? They all talk funny and don't like outsiders.

I did like Doc Martin (although the title was a bit strained) but also because of Caroline Katz

Laughing out loud