Help with BBC

Hi

I was just wondering whether anyone could help me. I am wanting to send off a script to the BBC and was just wondering what address i send it to. Both postal and e-mail addresses.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

BBC don't except scripts through Email, but baby cow do.

As for an address if you look on BBC writers room they should have an address you can send you scripts to.

Go to the writersroom, all the information is there. But unless you've got connections or an agent i doubt they'll accept material from any unsolicted source.

Moving to the correct forum.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 3, 2007, 1:06 PM

Go to the writersroom, all the information is there. But unless you've got connections or an agent i doubt they'll accept material from any unsolicted source.

The whole Writersroom thing was set up mainly to accept unsolicted material.

The difference between 'accepting' unsolicited material and actually looking for unsolicited material is vast. I suspect (one of my conspiracy theories) is that the Writers' Room is only there for show. The Beeb has a mandate (given by the government in exchange for licence fees) to hotbed new talent but a Writers' Room is a great way to prevent people sending stuff to producers while maintaining an air of talent-scouting.

Great! So the writersroom is pointless. Fantabulous.
How do you go about getting an agent then and more importantly how much is it going to cost?

Charley, agents take a percentage of future sales. Don't give cash to any agent. They should be paying you your percentage.

Jonathon, yep, I have a feeling they sit in a slush pile and then get sent back after a respectable 'delay'. Best bet is to contact regional BBC departments. Their reponses are faster and they actually read the scripts. We've had several close calls with the BBC regionals only for them to be returned with no comments whatsoever by the Writers' Room. It's also always the same person who signs the letter, whatever pseudonym I use (to try and bypass that one person if they're dealing with names that begin with certain initials). So obviously one single person is sifting through the slush pile. It's clear that the Writers' Room is the equivalent of the fabled Elephant's Graveyard, where old scripts go to die.

If I knew the answer to that, I'd suggest more than a google on agents and writers in the same style as yours. We're still trying to find one. Give me a day or two and I'll try and find a list.

Yes, reputable agents cost nothing. No setup fees or admin, just a percentage. Keeps 'em keen.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ April 4, 2007, 1:08 PM

The whole Writersroom thing was set up mainly to accept unsolicted material.

I meant sending it directly to the BBC. I know unsolicted material goes to the writersroom and i find it rather pointless. I agree with Slag A, it's where scripts go to die. heh

The Regionals eh? I'd better delete some of my old messages then.

Yes, some will respond without an SAE being included but not putting one in gives an opportunity to not reply to you.