Arrested Development Page 19

IT'S BACK.

Now to watch on Netflix, all 15 NEW episodes.

It's a different set-up to the original run, with each ep focusing an a character or two, with other characters floating in and out.

I've watched the first few and can confirm that so far it's just as funny as before.

It's not exactly the same, due to the set-up, but it's still funny.

I watched the first episode last night, but only laughed once or twice. This is opposed to the several big laughs per episode that the first three series would elicit. It all felt rather flat and uneventful to me, but I'll persevere with a few more episodes.

It gets better as more of the bits interlink with each other.

Only three episodes in, first was amazing (I thought), funny, sad, clever, brilliant. The next two didn't light my fire quite as much, but from what I understand, the further you go into it, the better it gets, as the stories and interlinked bits start to pile on and pay off. It's a pretty bold way to tell a sitcom story, and I suppose the advantage of putting them all out at the same time.

Something that is awful though, Lindsey's wig. Very weird. It always looks like it's sitting too far back.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 27 2013, 10:41 AM BST

Something that is awful though, Lindsey's wig. Very weird. It always looks like it's sitting too far back.

I don't think it's the wig.

She's clearly had some work done on her face.

At first I thought "Wow, Portia DeRossi's a 50-year-old trying to look 40."

Then I Googled her and it turns out she is actually 40. So she's managed to add 10 years with surgery. Bad result.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 27 2013, 12:50 PM BST

I don't think it's the wig.

She's clearly had some work done on her face.

At first I thought "Wow, Portia DeRossi's a 50-year-old trying to look 40."

Then I Googled her and it turns out she is actually 40. So she's managed to add 10 years with surgery. Bad result.

Oh yeah, she's def had some work done. Weird though, it's not as though she was an old looking hag. She still looked great just a couple of years back in Better Off Ted. Maybe Ellen is forcing her too. Evil Ellen.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 27 2013, 1:27 PM BST

Oh yeah, she's def had some work done. Weird though, it's not as though she was an old looking hag. She still looked great just a couple of years back in Better Off Ted. Maybe Ellen is forcing her too. Evil Ellen.

Ellen is 15 years older than her. She's got a nerve.

Liza Minelli looks younger than she used to as well...

Steve Holt has NOT aged well.

I watched the first three and I just don't think it works without the ensemble. There's FAR too much narration and exposition, and the quickfire jokes (which made it so good) have been replaced by plot, plot, plot. Surprisingly dull. Encouraged by the above suggestions that it improves, but so far I'm quite disappointed.

Quote: MCharsley @ May 28 2013, 9:11 AM BST

I watched the first three and I just don't think it works without the ensemble. There's FAR too much narration and exposition, and the quickfire jokes (which made it so good) have been replaced by plot, plot, plot. Surprisingly dull. Encouraged by the above suggestions that it improves, but so far I'm quite disappointed.

I'm four in; loved the first, next two were up and down, fourth the best so far.

It's basically four episodes of exposition and setup and then eleven episodes of mayhem, Buster's episode towards the end if absolutely amazing. Shame Tony Hale's Veep schedule kept him out of so much of it.

Quote: MCharsley @ May 28 2013, 9:11 AM BST

I think this is fair criticism. I wasn't really paying attention and I had to rewind a few times to make sure I was up to speed, which isn't a great quality in a sitcom. That said, I've still been laughing my arse off, so it's not bothering me too much.

I've been taking it slowly, rather than burn through it all; the first Tobias episode is superb. "Daddy wants to get his rocks off". Amazing comedy.