Happy Families Page 2

Its absence from both video and DVD releases over the years makes me wonder if there's a fundamental objection made by cast or crew. It's certainly a great piece of work. For ages I had it on home-recorded tape, except the last part which disappeared. It's a great vehicle to show Jennifer Saunders' talents, and really quite a clever ending.

Quote: Geffers @ March 22 2011, 1:35 PM GMT

Its absence from both video and DVD releases over the years makes me wonder if there's a fundamental objection made by cast or crew. It's certainly a great piece of work. For ages I had it on home-recorded tape, except the last part which disappeared. It's a great vehicle to show Jennifer Saunders' talents, and really quite a clever ending.

Agree 100%. (Except the bit about not having the last part).

Maybe drunken Welsh bitumen-throated pop tramp Bonnie Tyler has withdrawn the rights for 'Lost in France'. Was that the Madeline Fuddle episode? Gah so long ago! It was a beautifully written sitcom with such a fine cast, I can't believe it's not available commercially.

I'm glad there was a thread on this, I'd hate to think that it was totally unknown. I just discovered this series recently and although I didn't exactly love it, I did enjoy it. I found seeing some big faces like F&S, Fry & Laurie, and Edmondson all working together to be a delight. I had never seen F&S and F&L working together before and I did often wonder if they associated at all, and so it was from a geek's point of view like a Star Wars and Star Trek crossover storyline. They were quite young in this series and I found it interesting to compare it to their more recent work which I am more familiar with.