Spare change Page 2

Sorry, that last post of mine does have a really bad tone. It wasn't meant to.

Sorry WJFK I should have expressed myself better than that.

Sos guys.

Could someone explain to me what the joke is though?

Its surreal like you bread sketch

The thing that always bugs me is when a total stranger comes up to you in the street and asks can you lend them £1 because I always want to ask....

"You want to borrow £1, so how does that work then, are we going to meet up again, same time, same place so that you can pay me back?"

Or the "Spare change" angle is another one..........I don't have any spare change, it's just money that I haven't spent yet!

Sorry, I may have digressed a little here from the original sketch.

ajp ok, if it's purely for the surrealism then that's fine. And I wrote the bread sketch just to see if that's what people were responding to. I actually find the bread sketch very un-funny. It was just a test to see what reaction it would get.

Perhaps I just don't take to pure surrealism.

Apologies again WJFK

If you don't find surreal comedy funny then thats fine but saying anyone can do is stupid because if anyone could do it then noone would watch people like the Mighty Boosh or Reeves and Mortimer. Comedy doesn't have to be clever all the time, sometimes it can be childish and stupid.

I'm not having a go Tom so don't take this post personally i'm just trying to give some sort of explanation. I also like 'clever' comedy but not exclusively. Its a matter of taste, there is no right or wrong opinion.

Hey Tom. Don't worry my old fruit. I'm a sad bastard anyway and horrid to my wife so a good stiff bit of criticism will do me good mate.

Does she give you "stiff" criticism?

ajp don't worry I haven't taken it personally. I'm deffo the one who's out of order, you are completely right. Think I've had a lapse of character today :S

Thanks for taking it well WJFK. Glad there's no hard feelings