Everybody Loves Raymond Page 4

Yea I think Peter Boyle was really the only reason I liked the show. The rest of the cast was good though but really Boyle was the funniest part of the show for me. Reminded me of a lot of older people I know. :)

You've got to be kidding? Boyle's acting at best is ordinary at worst plank like. He is not the best thing about that show by a long way.

I agree his acting is anything from dramatic in the show but that is exactly how a lot of older men his age in North America sound, talk and act. Plus the writers had given him a lot of hilarious lines.

Debra is my favourite character. I think there's a bit of Sybil from Fawlty Towers in her, in that she can intimidate Ray so easily. Frank is another great character; whenever he visits with Marie, he just sits down and watches TV like he doesn't really want to be there. Robert's wife Amy is funny too; I'm not too sure about Robert himself, though. He is kinda funny, but I do feel a bit sorry for him having always lived in Ray's shadow, and his voice can be a bit annoying sometimes. He's not like Niles in Frasier, when he virtually trancends the programme he's in.

I truly hate this show, for many reasons.
Mainly I just find that fact that anyone could be soo stupid annoying....

You must hate a lot of comedy then Nobby.

Currently being run during the mornings on C4. Watchable - and with a script that may be more subtle than it seems - but it also feels a bit cold as if it's a version of America that doesn't quite align. It's edgy in the wrong sorts of places and yet overly comfortable at times. I tend to think that reasonably successful 30-something professionals and their well-off pensioner parents do not logically imply "hey we are offbeat and funny". Those in each category can be far too considered and, arguably, cynically managerial for that to wash. But as those things go, it isn't bad. As an aside, I do feel Doris Roberts is very similar to Betty White.

I have a fun fact. Brad Garrett (Robert) was the voice of Hulk Hogan in the 80s cartoon 'Hulk Hogan's Rock'n'Wrestling'. I wonder why Hulk didn't do his own voice?

I hate everyone in the show so much, I keep hoping the freakosaurus brother brings his service pistol home and shoots them all.

Before driving onto the set of 2 Broke Girls and continuing the massacre.

You don't have to have in-laws like the Barones to "get" this show. I do, though, and I think it's one of the best sitcoms ever written. It's pretty edgey for the time slot it occupies (Channel 4 did try it with a later time slot after it proved so successful but it didn't take off for some reason) and the characters are really well realised, not just the "stars" of the show but the occasional appearances by Amy's family and Ray's friends. What can I say, I'm a fan.

Everybody Loves Raymond, who does not love this?

Me! I think the name of the show should be changed under the Trade's Description Act.

I like it, but it also makes me cringe sometimes.

Cousin Gerard! Seen that episode so many times now but still gets me . . . "nOOOOOw!"

(Guy who plays Robert wasn't bad for a functioning alcoholic and Frank actor died 10 years ago now . . . but saddest was one of twins as so young).

My review dated 9th February 2015 was wrong,

Some five years and sixteen days later, I am now of the clear opinion that "Everybody Loves Raymond" is one of the best five American sitcoms produced in the last 25 years.

And that clear opinion is factually correct.