Writers Block ****!!

I've been sat here since 9:30AM starring at a blank page. I'm going crazy, I finally get a chance to have a good ole writing session and nothing, but nothing happens, oh wait I've changed my main characters name from James to John...

:S

I find about a half dozen cans of beer helps to get the creative juices flowing. You can then go back later and sort the mess out.

Did this with several college report!

I always get my best idea's when my head meets the pillow, and have to get up and write for hours.
Thats my excuse for the haggard looking face anyway.

I find it best to write when you have nothing else to do, when i'm going out at night or before i go watch my team or before i go to work, all these times are bad for me as i concentratte on them instead of the page, i also read through a few pages of my most recent work, so i can get a feel for it and i know where to pick up. comedy writers say that it is best to turn off the t.v and then write, i disagree, i write more quality stuff when i have the t.v on. It is also best to write at the end of a day not in the morning.
hope some of this helps.

I always try to write anything, just rubbish if nessecary because sometimes you may find a little inspiration in there.

That or watch a bunch of telly and see if something clicks.

Do something else and think of something else and you'll soon come up with some ideas

I spent my time watching The Breakfast Club, which I love as I do a lot of John Hughs films. I also came up with a cartoon character called Duck Head, which will be making his debut as soon as I can be bothered. Watch this space, well not this one, I mean... shut up!

I find it best to write in the evening, or early afternoon if I know what I'm going to be writing. But it's never a good idea to stare at a blank page and hoping that something comes to you, because more often than not that thing won't come. When ever I get an idea and I'm doing something else, I'll jot it down in a notebook so that I can come back to it later when I have time to write properly and I can then expand on it. I've just had a great idea a few minutes ago, but I need to start another thread about it first.

But yeah, I can't understand how a writer can ever get writers block, just don't try to force yourself to write when you are out of ideas, only write when you have something, that's my opinion on the matter.

I want to write something here...but can't think of anything..damn that writer's block.

When I have writers block it's because I don't know the characters well enough or I've rushed my outline. Filling in a short questionnaire for my characters means at least I'm doing something and it inspires me with story ideas for the outlines as well.