Sketch Ultimate Tony

EXT. TONY & JILL'S SUBURBAN HOUSE. NIGHT.

A SIMPLE ESTABLISHING SHOT SHOWING THE HOUSE. NO LIGHTS ARE ON AND THERE'S NO SIGN OF LIFE.

FADE TO:

INT. JILL AND TONY'S BEDROOM. NIGHT.

IT'S PITCH BLACK AND WE CAN SEE NOTHING. HOWEVER, WE CAN HEAR THE MOANS AND SQUEAKS OF THE BED AS THE PAIR MAKE LOVE. WHEN THEY SPEAK THEY ARE URGENT, SHORT OF BREATH AND SEXY.

JILL:
Mmmmm, yeah.

TONY:
Is that good?

JILL:
Yeah, really good. OH, but not as good as that!You're so good Tony! (PAUSE) I wish you could do this...

TONY:
Ooooh.

JILL:
... and this ...

TONY:
Mmmmmm.

JILL:
... at the same time.

TONY:
I know darling, but I can't reach that far.

JILL:
I wish there were two Tonies. Or three or four.

TONY:
Dirty, greedy girl (PAUSE) Would they all be called Tony?

JILL:
Mmmm, yeah.

TONY:
But how would I - we - know which one you were talking to?

JILL:
I'd call them Tony1, Tony2 and so on and so forth. You'd be called the Original Tony.

TONY:
Can I be called the Ultimate Tony instead?

JILL:
Mmmm, I don't know. They don't really mean the same things.

TONY:
I wouldn't do things with the others, though.

JILL:
Why not?

TONY:
Well, I'm not gay.

JILL:
It's not gay to play with yourself.

TONY:
I think it is if yourself is personified in another entity (PAUSE) What would the others do while I was at work?

JILL:
Mmmm. Maybe they could stay at home with me.

TONY:
No, that's not fair. They should only be here when I'm here. I'd be like their leader. I think it'd be fair if they got part-time jobs. They've got to earn their keep.

JILL:
I dunno. We'd have to sort-out tax and National Insurance for them all.

TONY:
Oh god.

JILL:
You like that?

TONY:
No, I was just thinking about filling-out all those forms.

JILL:
Well they can't go out during the day, people would see them.

TONY:
So what? It's not illegal.

JILL:
Maybe we could all just go on holiday. All together. Screwing all day long.

TONY:
It would be expensive, we'd need separate flights. We couldn't travel together. It'd look weird.

JILL:
They could fly-in in pairs, saying they were twins. I'd go and meet them at the airport.

TONY:
They'd all have to have separate passports too. It could get tricky.

JILL:
Maybe we could just fold them up and put them in big suitcases.

TONY:
No, Jill. I won't have my other selves treated like that. They're real people, just like you and me. Well, just like me at least.

JILL:
Your problem is, you're jealous. Always have been. Oh Christ, keep doing that!

TONY:
Call me the by my group title!

JILL:
Do me, Original Tony!

TONY:
No! Call me that Ultimate Tony!

JILL:
Oh yes! Give it to me, Ultimate Tony!

CUT TO:

EXT. TONY & JILL'S SUBURBAN HOUSE. NIGHT.

TONY:
(O/S) The Ultimate Tony is coming!

ENDS.

Lol, it kinda reminded me of Men Behaving Badly, not just because he's called Tony, but he also acts like him as well. It was alright, but it didn't feel like a sketch, rather more like an a scene from something like Men Behaving Badly.

I really like it. It's a good idea and it's vivid and funny. I would trim it and - more importantly - develop some kind of narrative alongside the dialogue. E.g, Tony stops and turns light on during wordy bits, then turns it off and resumes humping. Great, Scott.

Really liked it. It did seem to be part of something bigger though prehaps a series of sketches I dunno but its good stuff

Thanks guys.

Fred, that's a great idea about the light going on and off. After a rethink I reckon it would be best all shot from outside, perhaps with chap wandering by walking his dog etc, and an upstairs light coming-on to indicate a pause in proceedings.

Gavin, I also like the idea about a series of sketches. Perhaps the Ultimate Tony is constantly threatened by his wife's fantasies and has to needlessly reassert himself.

After some other comments I think I'll also ditch the holiday section. Perhaps it could be the basis for another sketch with Tony and Jill.

As Fred has already mentioned, this sketch does need to be pruned a bit. Not major surgery but it would definitely make it even tighter, sharper and funnier.

I was reading it with interest expecting a big climax - but there wasn't really a punchline. Don't know what though...

Quote: David Chapman @ March 15, 2007, 9:36 PM

I was reading it with interest expecting a big climax - but there wasn't really a punchline. Don't know what though...

No, I'm generally not amazing at punchlines and tend to try to milk an odd situation. Ultimate Tony's climax seemed a suitable climax to this one.