Russell Brand's Ponderland - Series 2

Missed S1, but I'm just getting around to watching the first episode of S2 now, Pets.

I've already been told that the first two episodes are a little below the usual standard, but he's just trying too hard. Not very flowing, feels extremely forced.

Oh, and very much a poor man's Jasper Carrott.

Quote: Aaron @ November 14 2008, 5:45 PM GMT

Missed S1, but I'm just getting around to watching the first episode of S2 now, Pets.

I've already been told that the first two episodes are a little below the usual standard, but he's just trying too hard. Not very flowing, feels extremely forced.

Disagree, he's been great. 'A poor man's Jasper Carrott' - I laughed at that.

I found the first series a lot better. (Even though I like this one too.)

I prefer this series. So far it's the only (new) TV that's had me occasionaly laughing out loud recently. 'Families' and last night's 'Education' being the best. Of course the clips in themselves are hilarious, but I really think Mr Brand spots and comments on some fine details.

Quote: Aaron @ November 14 2008, 5:45 PM GMT

No real idea how you are comparing the two there! I used to like Carrott when I was younger, but his style couldn't be any more different!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 14 2008, 7:10 PM GMT

No real idea how you are comparing the two there! I used to like Carrott when I was younger, but his style couldn't be any more different!

I think it's because they're both presenting clip shows?

I thank god I've never heard Jasper Carrot making jokes about that gagging noise girls make when you deep throat them...

Quote: zooo @ November 14 2008, 7:19 PM GMT

I thank god I've never heard Jasper Carrot making jokes about that gagging noise girls make when you deep throat them...

Ah, you know about that noise, eh? Smarmy

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 14 2008, 7:10 PM GMT

One-man show with comments and comic assumptions based on video clips and similar short anecdotes.

Russell taught Jasper everything he knows!

Pfft. Jasper's been at it since before Brand was even born. So nerr. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ November 14 2008, 7:52 PM GMT

One-man show with comments and comic assumptions based on video clips and similar short anecdotes.

So the format rather than the presenter, really.

I didn't mean to imply... Oh nevermind. :)

You've only gawn and done it now...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 14 2008, 8:27 PM GMT

So the format rather than the presenter, really.

Erm. No, a bit of both.

Quote: Aaron @ November 14 2008, 8:30 PM GMT

Erm. No, a bit of both.

Well. Like I said their material isn't very similar, so I would say it's more the format really. To me. Carrotts comments on the same vids, whilst no doubt amusing, would be very different. Actually, I think Brand should put that on his next Stand-up tour poster-'The Poor Mans Jasper Carrot!'