What happens next round...

Here's a sketch that I have written with animation in mind -

We see the set of a question of sport style show with a host and 2 team panels.

HOST
Ok 5 points for team smeg there and next we have the what happens next round team stigs have a look at your monitor and... what happens next?

The trio look down behind their desk and we then cut straight to the tv monitor were we can see the following scene-
A basketball game is being played and after a few seconds the camera focus in on a man walking down the steps of the stadium towards the court with a tray of hot dogs and large drinks then the tape pauses

HOST
So?

Team stigs are whispering between themselves

MAN
Well we think that the large American coming down the steps trips and tumbles down throwing hot dogs and sprite all over the court and the players

HOST
Ok let's see....

We cut back to the scene focusing on the man with the tray of food and drink the tape plays again and pans out from the chap slowly and you see him sit down it continues to pan out until the court becomes visible and you can see every basketball player has a ninja dressed in black directly behind them, the ninja's slice the necks of each player then throw a smoke bomb on the courts and disappear in the puff's of smoke.

HOST
Oh unlucky it was the San Antonio spurs massacre of 1986

What do you guys think?

i like this, i thought i might have guessed the end, but how could anyone predict that ending, it would be great as physical humour because it takes something normal and puts a shock in there, well done, one of the best sketches i have read in the last couple of weeks.

I like it, as you say, as an animated piece.

Yes - very good and unexpected ending. Could work "live" though if maybe it was a tennis match or something. (Not criticising but just would need fewer characters).

Wow thanks Lewis, I knew people would try and guess the twist so quite happy some smart alec didn't post "bit too obvious mate could see it a mile away"