I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,693

Quote: A Horseradish @ 9th January 2015, 10:25 PM GMT

Tax evasion or illegal substance use or quite dangerous driving? Most must have done one of the three.

Who, me? Whistling nnocently

Quote: A Horseradish @ 9th January 2015, 10:25 PM GMT

Tax evasion or illegal substance use or quite dangerous driving? Most must have done one of the three.

No. Stopped by police 3 times - twice for speeding and once for going up a one-way street the wrong way (in ignorance). No charges.

murder

come on where do you think all those people really go....

Quote: sootyj @ 9th January 2015, 10:31 PM GMT

murder

come on where do you think all those people really go....

Bugger! You've been spying in my cellar again.

Quote: sootyj @ 9th January 2015, 9:55 PM GMT

No but the lady Annie Hatchett I believe is her nom de plum, organising the petitions against him. Is quite clear she wants people accused of rape banned from football amongst other professions.
She has a lot of supporters.

Maybe she should join the Premier League.

Quote: keewik @ 9th January 2015, 10:18 PM GMT

Let's just cut to the chase. Do you believe this creature should be employed as a high profile worker in a high profile team.

They wouldn't even let him join Oldham!

Quote: keewik @ 9th January 2015, 10:31 PM GMT

No. Stopped by police 3 times - twice for speeding and once for going up a one-way street the wrong way (in ignorance). No charges.

I wasn't saying most get convicted. Just that most have committed crime.

You were lucky.

There are people in the major cities carrying uzi sub-machine guns who don't realise that waving them about wildly isn't within the law.

Some may even have a licence. :)

Quote: zooo @ 9th January 2015, 10:29 PM GMT

Who, me? Whistling nnocently

Ah, no. Not you. There are exceptions to every rule. I recognise that. Angelic

:D

Quote: zooo @ 9th January 2015, 10:22 PM GMT

I don't really think that's true.
Unless you mean not wearing your seat belt or something.

Au contraire. On last count my friends and I were up to 15...

Think of some silly crimes:

Using insulting words or behaviour outside (section 5 Public Order Act)

Being the parent of a child who regularly does not attend school (s444 Education Act 1996 - no definition of regularly, so regular could = once a year)

Having an overly-shallow tyre tread

Speeding

going through a traffic light on amber

Common Assault (Touching someone when they don't want you to - could be just a light prod)

Returning a hire car late (Taking a Vehicle Without Consent - s12 Theft Act)

The government like the criminalise us for all sorts of things.

It's true! I take it all back. :)

Quote: Jennie @ 9th January 2015, 10:45 PM GMT

Au contraire. On last count my friends and I were up to 15...

Think of some silly crimes:

Using insulting words or behaviour outside (section 5 Public Order Act)

Being the parent of a child who regularly does not attend school (s444 Education Act 1996 - no definition of regularly, so regular could = once a year)

Having an overly-shallow tyre tread

Speeding

going through a traffic light on amber

Common Assault (Touching someone when they don't want you to - could be just a light prod)

Returning a hire car late (Taking a Vehicle Without Consent - s12 Theft Act)

The government like the criminalise us for all sorts of things.

I received a court summons with no prior warning last summer because I didn't realise there were insufficient funds in my relevant account for my monthly direct debit council tax payment. Be in court X on August the whatever or else. It was shocking. I had never missed a payment before to them in 10 years including from April 2014. I reckon the treatment was precisely the same as someone who hasn't signed up for to any sort of payment. The way of not having to go turned out to be to pay the rest of the year's tax in one lump.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 9th January 2015, 10:59 PM GMT

I received a court summons with no prior warning last summer because I didn't realise there were insufficient funds in my relevant account for my monthly direct debit council tax payment. Be in court X on August the whatever or else. It was shocking. I had never missed a payment before to them in 10 years including from April 2014. I reckon the treatment was precisely the same as someone who hasn't signed up for to any sort of payment. The way of not having to go turned out to be to pay the rest of the year's tax in one lump.

I did that years ago and had to have my say in court.

My argument was that there are 10 payments in a period of 12 months. Why couldn't I choose which months to pay as long as it was paid up within the year.

Needless to say nobody agreed with my argument.

Let me check . . . yes, it is 2015 and not 1415 . .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/raif-badawi-saudi-arabia-urged-to-halt-flogging-of-liberal-blogger-sentenced-to-1000-lashes-9967008.html

They would prefer you to think 714. The reason for this opportunistic high profile barbarity is to show their support for IS, the scum they are funding to install a caliphate straight from the dark ages.

On the rape thing, there is an awful lot more condemning on here and elsewhere of a white footballer's rape than there was of a gang of muslims' long campaign of violent paedophile rape. Just why is this I wonder?

And finally on the biggest story most have ignored, not a good ending at all. Half of France's police force take 3 days to find the bastards then give them exactly what they wanted, a hero's passport to paradise. They should've been forced through a trial and be put in jail to rot, exactly what they didn't want. We've got to get this right.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th January 2015, 8:26 AM GMT

On the rape thing, there is an awful lot more condemning on here and elsewhere of a white footballer's rape than there was of a gang of muslims' long campaign of violent paedophile rape. Just why is this I wonder?

Because there was no question of them trying to become role models.

And finally on the biggest story most have ignored, not a good ending at all. Half of France's police force take 3 days to find the bastards then give them exactly what they wanted, a hero's passport to paradise. They should've been forced through a trial and be put in jail to rot, exactly what they didn't want.

Probably the French felt they needed to end it very quickly, to prevent more deaths.