I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,433

I will try to clarify -

It grinds my goat whenever I hear someone use the tired expression about women 'we're not just baby making machines' - because soon as you tell a woman she can't have a baby, it's the end of the world. It's hardwired into our DNA to reproduce, it affects every decision a woman makes from adolescence onwards, either consciously or unconsciously whether they squizz a sprog out their front bottoms or not.

It's why we spend so much money on IVF, surrogates, adoption, hormone therapies and other medical techniques for older women, etc.

However, you are correct, since the 1990s 1 in 4 British women of child bearing age have decided not to give birth. Similarly the number of people getting married or even living together has also dropped significantly. We appear to have entered an age where people would rather be sat alone, surrounded by expensive things then have children. All good for the cat breeders though. Cha-Ching!

God knows who your Facebook friends are. You have my sympathy.

Oh, sudden thought - have all these sprog-producing women taken the decision on their own? Virgin births perhaps or AID.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 31st January 2014, 11:09 PM GMT

I will try to clarify -

It grinds my goat whenever I hear someone use the tired expression about women 'we're not just baby making machines' - because soon as you tell a woman she can't have a baby, it's the end of the world. It's hardwired into our DNA to reproduce, it affects every decision a woman makes from adolescence onwards, either consciously or unconsciously whether they squizz a sprog out their front bottoms or not.

Sorry, not me. I've never wanted to reproduce for one second of my entire life.
I know it blows your mind when people suggest that all humans (or at least, all women) don't think the exact same way, but there we are.

Secondly, I didn't say we're not just baby machines, said "we're not ALL baby machines" ie, I am not, same as a quarter of all women.

Anyway, bored of this now. Time for you to bait the next one!

Quote: keewik @ 31st January 2014, 11:16 PM GMT

God knows who your Facebook friends are. You have my sympathy.

I have a good mix from various backgrounds and various ages - unfortunately it's the breeders and animal lovers who dominate by feed.

'Here's yet another picture of my baby / dog / cat lying around doing absolutely nothing - aren't they the cutest thing ever, ever?'

Only pictures of dinners and sunsets are worse.

Always in favour of cat pics. Not so much on pics of kids with food on their faces or newborn babies. They are kind of scaly and disgusting and I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR NIPPLE.

Quote: zooo @ 31st January 2014, 11:35 PM GMT

They are kind of scaly and disgusting

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ 31st January 2014, 11:35 PM GMT

I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR NIPPLE.

Somewhere sootyj is saying: 'Does that chat up line...'

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 31st January 2014, 11:30 PM GMT

I have a good mix from various backgrounds and various ages - unfortunately it's the breeders and animal lovers who dominate by feed.

'Here's yet another picture of my baby / dog / cat lying around doing absolutely nothing - aren't they the cutest thing ever, ever?'

Only pictures of dinners and sunsets are worse.

I can only repeat - God knows who your Facebook friends are. You have my sympathy.
I have a mix of friends but I rarely see pictures of their weans, though a few do post dog and cat pics.

I'm friends with RCP on Facebook

though I never share photos of kids or my dinner

unless the above 2 form a combination.

One of my friends has a new tiny golden fluffy puppy and is posting dozens of pics a day, but they're all cute so it's allowed.

I do have a friend who's always posting pics of curries he's made. That's men for you.

Quote: keewik @ 1st February 2014, 12:20 AM GMT

I do have a friend who's always posting pics of curries he's made. That's cardamom for you.

Not even Tories could be that f**kin' stupid.

Or could they?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/01/ukip-conservative-nigel-farage-anti-eu

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/31/australia-psa-stay-in-school-gory-death_n_4700474.html?ref=topbar

Quote: Oldrocker @ 2nd February 2014, 12:32 AM GMT

Not even Tories could be that f**kin' stupid.

Or could they?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/01/ukip-conservative-nigel-farage-anti-eu

See I love all this

Because the UK will never, never, never EVER be allowed to leave EU

So these anti Europe Tories and ukip people can bang their heads together till the cows come home !

So it's going to be fun watching them pissing in the wind for years to come

Not allowed by who, the Illuminati.