Status report Page 5,147

L.E. has joined a gym. Having avoided gyms for many years, is hoping it's not as bad as she remembers.

Billwill:
"The trouble with gardens is that they do not have a PAUSE button."

Quote: L.E. @ June 24 2013, 3:27 PM BST

L.E. has joined a gym. Having avoided gyms for many years, is hoping it's not as bad as she remembers.

Who needs a gym, when you have a front garden that needs digging over.
Cool

As long as you don't behave like Miranda.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ June 24 2013, 3:19 PM BST

What's that?

This kind of thing:

Vintage stuff.

Got any Swiss ones in your attic?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ June 24 2013, 3:31 PM BST

As long as you don't behave like Miranda.

:D

Not that bad. Went this morning - quite enjoyable.

Shall be joining the classes mainly.

Quote: George Kaplan @ June 24 2013, 3:31 PM BST

Got any Swiss ones in your attic?

No. Actually, I had to do a bit of skiing when I was young. But I didn't really enjoy it. I'm like an Englishman who hates tea.

Quote: L.E. @ June 24 2013, 3:34 PM BST

:D

Not that bad. Went this morning - quite enjoyable.

Shall be joining the classes mainly.

Aerobic?

Boxing stuff I think.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ June 24 2013, 3:39 PM BST

I'm like an Englishman who hates tea.

Impossible!

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 24 2013, 5:04 PM BST

Yep, love it, although I didn't know that there was a new (?) series. My favourite is the bloke who says: "I'll give you £6,666.66.. or £500. Heads or tails?"

I agree. Unfortunately he's not in the new series. Now they have three different sets of 4 experts who they alternate. Only Gordon and Celia are back.

New series started about 5 weeks ago. Strangely, they broadcast it on weekday lunchtimes over several days when they weren't showing the racing. But now it's on once a week on Friday nights again.

Its not so much going to the gym as the horrible people there. All those posers and brain dead morons hiked up on steroids. They should have gyms for normal people who just want to tone up.

A new (tiny) gym has opened up about 200m from my front door. But I'm too lazy to walk there.

What would you do if a kitten petting zoo opened 201m from your front door?

LIVE THERE.

Laughing out loud

The problem with a tiny gym is that you might be required to make conversation with the staff. Or indeed sit sweating and puffing about two feet from reception.
A massive one where you can be invisible among the masses is best.
Or one with a nice big pool. I might walk 200m for a pool.