Job&knock

Hi, for the past year & half I have been writing a comedy based on a small building firm that I worked for. I wrote one episode and showed it to a few people. The people that read it said it was hilarious and asked me for more. I have now written six episodes and have plenty more to come. Everyone is now telling me to put it out there as they think it would be a very funny sitcom. You wouldn't believe the things I witnessed on the firm. Imagine the inbetweeners have left school and now work for a building company and your half way there. I would like to put some of my scripts up for you all to judge.

Do so, then, in the Critique section. Just one episode, please - but don't expect the praise you'll get from friends and family! Try to format it more or less properly, and avoid too many spelling mistakes.

Put it up, but remember the first stage is making your self laugh, the second is making your friends laugh.

And the third is making strangers laugh....

(as for format as long as it's double spaced and reasonably clear you're golden. Just you know avoid making it head ache inducing)

Brace yourself Tony and put it in 'critique'

Just remember, if you don't like the feedback it's not personal but honest opinions.

There are some talented writers on here that will tell you just how it is.

If it's good, you will be told it is good (and then know for sure it has legs) and if it's bad you will be given guidance on how to improve it.

You have nothing to lose.

Thanks everyone, I will hopefully have it on tonight. I think it's very funny and so do a lot of other people (not just friends and family) I look foward to your opinions and I will take everything on board. Thanks

Who was the famous writer who said you should go through your work, and if there's anything you think very funny, get rid of it?

Quote: beaky @ June 3 2013, 4:22 PM BST

Who was the famous writer who said you should go through your work, and if there's anything you think very funny, get rid of it?

Dostoyevsky. Hence why we never got to see "Crime and Punishment and a Little Light Relief".

I prefer his later work about urban music and word play

"grime and pun-its-meant"

Right posted the first 7 pages in the critique section! Not sure if I've got this quite right as I'm new at all this forum stuff! Let me know what you think or if you'd like to see more!
Thanks.