Writing Partner Wanted - Hampshire/Dorset

Hi all

I am looking for a sitcom writing partner, with a love and commitment to comedy writing. I have only recently started out as a comedy writer but I have co-wrote an online comedy series (6 x 15min episodes) called "Middleton" which is currently in pre production and I have started work on a play. But due to relocation, I am now looking for a writing partner.

My favourite comedies include Fawlty Towers, Phoenix nights, League of Gentleman, and work by Gervais and Merchant.

Compatibility is key i.e. a shared sense of humour and motivation. I am very serious about being a comedy writer and after years of throwing energy into other things, I now realise what was missing from my life was the need to write.

I will either be sucessful or die trying is my philosphy and it would be great to find someone who has the same burning passion and need to leave notebooks in every room of the house.

If your interested please email at adrian.phipps@btinternet.com

If you live further afield but still within a reasonable travelling distance then I would still be happy to hear from you.

Take care and good luck in whatever you do

ok.

This is the internet, which means playing writers chess can be done electronically from anywhere in the world.

By stating that writers have to live within a certain distance from where you live, you are needlessly isolating yourself from gaining a writing partner that could be bang up your street.

Just sying

I know a guy on the Isle Of Arran who would have you pissing yourself laughing but he's banned from the helicopter and no boat will take him off because he stinks of dead seals.
If you would open up to at least taking emails form non locals he could be your man!

Quote: Mungo Dunno @ April 30 2013, 11:49 AM BST

ok.

This is the internet, which means playing writers chess

Is this the Endgame?

You obviously understood that joke, an intelligent chap like you?

Hi Ade, good luck and I think you are right to stick with face to face, at least for a lot of it. Internet co-writing things never end happily. And for a good reason.

Quote: Mungo Dunno @ April 30 2013, 11:49 AM BST

...you are needlessly isolating yourself from gaining a writing partner that could be bang up your street.

So not a Hampshire Dunno?

Sorry to keep picking on you Mungo.

I wasn't aware that you were picking on me Ade.

Point at hand though is that the whole planet is open to collaborations so I merely fail to see why you limit yourself to only writing with local people, who buy goods from local shops :P

Quote: Mungo Dunno @ May 1 2013, 10:20 PM BST

I wasn't aware that you were picking on me Ade.

Point at hand though is that the whole planet is open to collaborations so I merely fail to see why you limit yourself to only writing with local people, who buy goods from local shops :P

No point in keeping talking to Ade, he seems a one post sort of guy.

My bad then... for a moment, I thunk you wert him... but thanks for starting this post Ade, as Bob Hoskins used to get paid to say, it's good to talk, and that's what you've got us doing here.

No online sitcom collaboration projects ever work.

I think it's quite important to be able to regularly meet with your writing partner. I don't see how it could work any other way.

Quote: MCharsley @ May 3 2013, 2:24 PM BST

I think it's quite important to be able to regularly meet with your writing partner. I don't see how it could work any other way.

I think Ladies of Letters wrote like this.

Quote: MCharsley @ May 3 2013, 2:24 PM BST

ever heard of skype?

Quote: Mungo Dunno @ May 4 2013, 12:01 AM BST

ever heard of skype?

Using that you're reduced to one bod doing the typing, aren't you? And if the people are in different rooms, is there a rapport?

Is the finished work any easier to sell?

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 4 2013, 7:39 AM BST

Using that you're reduced to one bod doing the typing, aren't you? And if the people are in different rooms, is there a rapport?

Is the finished work any easier to sell?

Finished work is never easy to sell... if you know people, its easier than if you don't... but, two people talking, shouldn't matter if they're in one room or two rooms.

As for one person writing, so a copy gets sent to the other person... big whoop, wanna fight about it?