April's Sketch from Owyn & Co

Hey all,

Here's the latest sketch from Owyn & Co.

A Directors Commentary of the 1977 classic: Prisoner in the Middle: http://youtu.be/x9CcOVZiJkM

Love you guys to help spread the word as you have with the other 4.

Any feedback most welcome!

Best,

Owyn Stephens www.owynand.co.uk

As ever very good and Charlie Brookesque skill at picking a duff film and cutting out the best bits.

The editing around the singing kids and Bazooka was good.

It could do with perhaps a slightly stronger finish maybe?

That made me f**king hoot.
OK it's a spin on Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - but I could watch these all day.
The 'Director' sounds like John Lloyd, oddly enough.
Would make great (cheap) bumper material for one of the more niche film channels.
Ever thought of punting them in that direction?

EDIT: Having re-watched (told you I liked it!) I think Soot is right, the ending is weak.
These are so close to being brilliant that you should be even stricter with yourselves - make every joke count. A little bit of the 'Spielberg you little shit" is OK, but once you lose the link with the visuals - where the comments are brought to life by the film and vice-versa, you lose your point of difference - it's just about a mad old luvvie, which is not so fresh. The haircut joke, for instance is perfect...

It's a film about a list

is one of the best funny lines I've heard in a while I'm going to evangelise this on Twitter.

Thanks for the reply s, that's a strong idea about punting it out to film channels.

Anyone have any contacts in this field?

I'm doing a variation on this in May, think it'll get a bigger response for the YouTube world.

Owyn

I've just watched this and it's prompted me to actually post. It's really good!
I think the ending is OK and it's just because you're enjoying the commentary that ties into the images so much you want more. So the Spielberg rant could be shorter. I was waiting for something about the bra. But this is being picky.
I agree that the haircut joke was fantastic. I thought there was a danger of being taken out of the joke by the 'click subscribe' but it actually works really well.
Well done!
Mike.