Crowd funding

hey everyone,

has anyone had an experience with crowd funding? I saw someone on the critique board was looking for funds and I thought this could be a way to go in funding future projects. So has anyone tried it? it seems they got most bases covered from movies/tv to books and even tours

Dunno what this is about.

crowd funding? well from the 2 sites I've been on (indiegogo & kickstarter) you create a pitch video highlighting what it is you're trying to make ie. movie, book etc then offer people some sort of reward for donating money to your cause.

I was simply asking if anyone has experience using such sites

Quote: Welsh Gambit @ March 15 2013, 12:01 AM GMT

crowd funding? well from the 2 sites I've been on (indiegogo & kickstarter) you create a pitch video highlighting what it is you're trying to make ie. movie, book etc then offer people some sort of reward for donating money to your cause.

I was simply asking if anyone has experience using such sites

Can we presume the question was about 'crowd funding'?....??? I'd like to offer 36.8 million pounds for it!

Quote: Welsh Gambit @ March 15 2013, 12:01 AM GMT

you create a pitch video highlighting what it is you're trying to make ie. movie, book etc then offer people some sort of reward for donating money to your cause.

The guy on here, nice chap, was offering t-shirts and fridge magnets as a reward for donating - people couldn't run away fast enough.

What rewards have you seen offered?

36.8 million pounds and not even a fridge magnet?!!

F**king c**ts!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

It can be done.
Three million bucks in two days

Of course it helps if you have a whole lot of fans to start with!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 15 2013, 2:19 PM GMT

Of course it helps if you have a whole lot of fans to start with!

As a devotee of TIT News I couldn't agree more.

This is ripe for scam artists. They're all going to be coming out of the woodwork after the Veronica Mars thing.

Quote: chipolata @ March 15 2013, 4:20 PM GMT

This is ripe for scam artists. They're all going to be coming out of the woodwork after the Veronica Mars thing.

that's very true but at the same time it probably is possible for indie authors/film makers to get their work made at the least.

I think I may put something together to get funds for my animation. Angelic

The $8000 donation has gone. It included a speaking part in the movie too.

Good luck to the lad.

don't know about it..

Quote: David Bussell @ March 15 2013, 2:22 PM GMT

As a devotee of TIT News I couldn't agree more.

Laughing out loud