Writers' and Artists' Yearbook

I was wondering whether anyone has ever had any success with the yearbook? Eg had a meeting with a production company, gained an agent, had a pilot made!? Rich.

Essentially it's an address book.
It gives you details of agents and production companies, their skill-sets and their submission criteria.
That's it.

I'm wondering whether anyone has sent a script to one of the contacts and got any success from it?

I got an agent through it, so yes, I suppose.
But it's just a list of addresses.
You could just as easily use Google - it would just take longer.

It's always a good idea to buy a coopy every year. As Lazzard said, a list of publishers, agents and their submission criteria all in one place. Oh, and other avenues are included such as newspapers, magazines, greeting card companies, etc.

Although the production companies section seems to have been left out this time round.

I personally have developed several relationships via contacting companies listed in the book.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ January 21 2013, 5:58 PM GMT

I personally have developed several relationships via contacting companies listed in the book.

That's enough about your dogging activities, Mikey.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ January 21 2013, 5:58 PM GMT

'Developed several relationships' is a bit vague, and doesn't add much to the debate. Perhaps go into a little more detail?

Quote: Lazzard @ January 21 2013, 6:28 PM GMT

That's enough about your dogging activities, Mikey.

Was that you with the camera? :P

Quote: don rushmore @ January 21 2013, 11:55 PM GMT

'Developed several relationships' is a bit vague, and doesn't add much to the debate. Perhaps go into a little more detail?

As in, relationships with production companies. Getting my foot in doors, script meetings, projects in development, etc. It all began with sourcing addresses in the handbook.
Of course, these addresses can be Googled, but the yearbook is a handy time-saving resource for making initial contact.

How's your sitcom coming along with Uganda TV, Mikey?

Quote: Ben @ January 23 2013, 11:00 PM GMT

How's your sitcom coming along with Uganda TV, Mikey?

He's just got to send another £20, 000 pounds and they shoot the pilot.
Literally.

Hee hee, actually it's in Nigeria, and for some reason I had to send them $200,000,000,000.

It's about a Nigerian prince. :P