What are you RETRO gaming at the moment? Page 4

Was there something called a dolphin?

Echo the Dolphin? I had that, only played like the first level before becoming bored.

Thought there was a console called the dolphin... God knows what I'm thinking of.

It was the code/developer name for the Nintendo Gamecube, IIRC.

Yes...we still have a 32x too! Virtua Fighter, Doom etc. yes! I remember playing Sega Swirl on the Dreamcast and loving it...you can't get it now. The one's available aren't like the original. I enjoyed the four-player (no no foreplay) option.

Quote: Lee @ September 16 2012, 11:35 PM BST

Ah. Strange thing for me to have ever known, let alone remembered.

I think my son downloaded that on to his PC once, so he could play console games on it...emulator, rather than a console. I remember Ecco the Dolphin too...very swimmy and floaty heh.

Magic Carpet and Panzer Dragoon. Oh dear. I got proper motion sickness with those things!

:) I have loads of Retro Mega Drive games for sale... perfect condition for Christmas pressys!!!

Does "The Alphabetical Adam Game" count as retro game? :P

Quote: dellas @ September 16 2012, 5:12 AM BST

Sega 'Shenmuie' 2 brilliant.

Yes yes yes. A million times yes.

I always kept trying to flirt with the Hong Kong girls on the pier, but the fella (Ryo?) is only interested in avenging his father.

By cousin once spent all day carrying crates to save a load of money, and I spent all his cash on Virtua Fighter toys and cans of Jack soda...

Quote: Lee @ September 16 2012, 11:35 PM BST

Indeed so.

There was alos a mysterious console called the Panasonic Q, which is where Nintendo were going to join up with the electronics giant to topple the arch-rival Sony.

Cool as all hell:

http://www.videogameconnection.com/vgcsmarty/datafile/museum/panasonicQ/01_Panasonic_Q_Front.jpg

Sony and Nintendo were going to join up but then fell out at the last moment, so Sony went and made the Playstation.

If any of you are old enough to remember "Elite" (which I was addicted to in my zx spectrum days) then you may be interested in contributing to the follow up:-

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ December 4 2012, 11:36 AM GMT

As I deem myself a 'Retro Gamer' This pleases me a lot!

None

All old games were shit on the whole

Fact

Why play pac man when you can play Far Cry 3??