I need help from experienced TV writers

I have been writing satire and various forms of comedy in Farsi for sites and printed media. I have recently been offered a chance to write for a TV station. They need comedy for individual performers as well as animated characters.
I have got all sorts of questions ranging from how to choose the proper character, where to find some examples and samples, how long should a single character comedy be, etc.
I would appreciate if anyone could help me.

Did you invent that Almajilabad guy whose on TV all the time.

He's frickin hilarious, he's like the new Mr Bean.

If you've got any specific questions, glad to help

Dear Sooty,
Unfortunately, I am not the one who created that character. However I am very glad that I got in touch with you.
Let me explain more specifically where I thing I need help. I write political satire. My specialty is to make fun of the TV programs of the Mullahs' dictatorship in Iran.
I quote their news broadcasts or other TV programs and write short sentences in that regard. Doing that in printed media is easy. but to do that for television I need to choose or create one or more characters. Is there any place like a bank of animated characters where I can look and choose or at least get an Idea?
Excuse me for my questions being so elementary. But I guess with the help of good guys like you, I may be able to successfully overcome this task.
by the way I write in Farsi. So don't worry about my poor English.

You're english is fine.

I know nothing about animation, isn't it just easier to dub over news footage.

thanks a lot. I will try dubbing.

This sounds hugely fun, set it up as an opportunity and I think you'll get alot of people having a go.

Quote: sootyj @ November 3 2012, 7:10 PM GMT

You're english is fine.

>_<

Your*
English*

Damnation,if you can bear to read my article on dyspraxia that's word transposition.

It's my curse.

thanks for the help you have offered so far.
I was wondering if anyone is aware of an animation Character bank which could help me with ideas about designing animation characters.

I would advertise for an artist in your area. I presume that if there was an animation bank of characters you would have to pay some sort or royalties. Animation also takes a while to produce and this could prove awkward for topical material. Have you thought about using puppets?

Dear bob
thanks for the tip. I have thought and indeed tried puppets. they were relatively easy to work with and also successful.
However I have found a friend with good knowledge on software and he has been able to animate the characters that I have given to him.
My problem is more artistic than technical at this point. I hope I can make myself understood.
In other words, he wants me to choose any type of character ranging from an animal like Sherek or... to a well known political figure etc.
Being new in this area, I need to look at samples. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a gallery or bank or any place where a good number of characters could be found.

Your best bet is pick 5 to 10 characters that are regularly in the news and have your software guy knock them up in a rag doll form. Then it should be a lot quicker to get a quick animation done, once the story drops.