Prose about my Nose Page 2

Now you're cooking Minty

That old chestnut, homogeneous anonymity.

I think this is a great idea, I'm off to do the follow up...Ditty about my Titty..

Song about my Dong

Write about my Shite

Parse about my arse.

Ok, I've sorted out my character for Ditty about my Titty - it 's about my alter ego Raspberry Nipple and her sexual awakening through the nightclubs of Barnsley . I think I'll call it 'Fifty Shades of Puke' bound to be a winner....

I still don't think the train idea is an interesting enough hook to garner any readers. It's a pity your facebook chums didn't challenge you to write a book while having a dump instead of commuting, because that would have been compelling.

Quote: steven @ November 6 2012, 12:14 PM GMT

I still don't think the train idea is an interesting enough hook to garner any readers. It's a pity your facebook chums didn't challenge you to write a book while having a dump instead of commuting, because that would have been compelling.

The "train idea" has nothing to do with it really, it's purely the reason as to why I started writing it.

With digital downloads, price and timing has a far bigger impact on sales than the premise, especially when it comes to readers trying out new authors.

The first thing a lot of people will be doing with their Christmas Kindle is searching for books at £0.99p and under, which is where mine will be priced.

Submitting books to Kindle is free, so there is no risk in terms of up front costs. I have a marketing plan and a decent editor (Who is taking a back end fee, rather than charging up front, which I hope means that he has more confidence in it than you Steven)

From what I can make out, I've already done more than most 1st time authors on kindle and if it flops and is only read by one man and his very clever dog, then whats the harm in that? I haven't spent my life savings chasing a dream, I've simply taken a hobby to the next step

I've got a clever dog...but not a man if that's any help?

Quote: Minty @ November 6 2012, 2:35 PM GMT

The "train idea" has nothing to do with it really, it's purely the reason as to why I started writing it.

With digital downloads, price and timing has a far bigger impact on sales than the premise, especially when it comes to readers trying out new authors.

The first thing a lot of people will be doing with their Christmas Kindle is searching for books at £0.99p and under, which is where mine will be priced.

Submitting books to Kindle is free, so there is no risk in terms of up front costs. I have a marketing plan and a decent editor (Who is taking a back end fee, rather than charging up front, which I hope means that he has more confidence in it than you Steven)

From what I can make out, I've already done more than most 1st time authors on kindle and if it flops and is only read by one man and his very clever dog, then whats the harm in that? I haven't spent my life savings chasing a dream, I've simply taken a hobby to the next step

Surely you want people to read it because they want to? Not because they've just spent 99p on a cheap download?

I knew the world as I know it would come to an end with the advent of the kindle.

Quote: steven @ November 6 2012, 6:52 PM GMT

Surely you want people to read it because they want to? Not because they've just spent 99p on a cheap download?

I knew the world as I know it would come to an end with the advent of the kindle.

Absolutely, of course I would, but how are they going to want to read it if they don't know that it's there. The book market is saturated and it is impossible to get noticed in the conventional way unless you either have a massive stroke of luck, you're famous, or have a huge pair of tits and don't mind sleeping with the odd publisher or two.

Almost every new product that hits the market is marketed at a special introductory rate. Even the biggest brands have to employ these tactics to get people on board.

This is no different

Your so wrong about the tits.....