Why does anyone need religion? Page 7

My only religious knowledge comes from watching Charlton Heston films.
So it ruined my holiday in Rome when I found out Urko wasn't Pope!

Quote: David Bussell @ October 16 2012, 3:57 PM BST

I find him easy enough to tune out. His acolytes less so.

Yeah that's the worst bit I think. The amount of those stupid atheism memes that pop up in my fb stream from people irritates me.

My problem with the atheist comedians is that it all smacks of something a 16 year old would say. Like when you meet people who don't believe man has walked on the moon or 9/11 was a Zionist-CIA conspiracy - 'Wake up and smell the coffee man!'

Oh please, share your fantastic and insightful wisdom with us poor mortals that only you came up with. Yeah, we get it, you don't believe in God. Aren't you a super sexy iconclastic individual. Blah, blah, Zzzzzzzzz...

Except for gay marriage obviously - then religion is f**king aces to these Jesus dodgers.

Well quite if you haven't noticed the American evangelical s are a political movement more than a faith one then you haven't noticed much

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 16 2012, 5:05 PM BST

Oh please, share your fantastic and insightful wisdom with us poor mortals that only you came up with. Yeah, we get it, you don't believe in God. Aren't you a super sexy iconclastic individual. Blah, blah, Zzzzzzzzz...

The irony here is this is how we feel reading most of your posts.

If there were no God there would be no Atheists.

Quote: Chappers @ October 16 2012, 6:13 PM BST

If there were no God religion there would be no Atheists.

Quote: Lee @ October 16 2012, 6:18 PM BST

No but they'd invent something equally ridiculous to replace them.

Quote: Lee @ October 16 2012, 5:37 PM BST

Sooty award for the most weak passed response of the day

I completely agree with everything I've seen Ricky say about religion, but he doesn't half go on about it!

I'm an atheist too, but for me that means I never think about religion or God unless someone else brings it up. He seems to think about it all the time.

BUT, he is or was recently writing and making a film about atheism and God, so it's fair enough he'd be consumed with the subject.

Quote: sootyj @ October 16 2012, 6:20 PM BST

Most weak passed response..?

Quote: Lee @ October 16 2012, 5:37 PM BST

:P

And the winner of the most confusing...

Quote: sootyj @ October 16 2012, 6:20 PM BST

Maybe he meant 'most weak assed'. Which would be wrong in another way as it was a funny response!

Aw thanks man. Hug

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 16 2012, 6:38 PM BST

Maybe he meant 'most weak assed'. Which would be wrong in another way as it was a funny response!

Most pointless bit of sucking up this mileniun