The window of the Writers' Room is open again Page 2

Quote: Lazzard @ October 6 2012, 1:16 PM BST

Are the BBC sure that a load of disillusioned writers and an open window is a particularly good combination?

Or perhaps that is the idea...

It's one way of reducing the slush pile.

Laughing out loud It saves them having to open the trap door in the interview room.

Quote: Marc P @ October 6 2012, 1:24 PM BST

I always start my scripts at page ten. It worked for me!

Reminds of of Elmore Leonard (I think it was he) who said something along the lines of "I leave out all the shit bits".

It's good advice. Write it then edit out the shit.

Totally zen. And the word that's left will be a really good one.

What if you write it, edit out the shit and find yourself staring at a blank page?

I edit out the shit and find I'm left with LESS than a blank page.

And now I'm starting to see the value of the new window opening setup, like comps it makes you get on with finishing a long standing script. So that's a good move from WR :) , the same with the Writers Prize thing. People will take them more seriously now as an outlet.

Anyone received an email from Writersroom yet to say their script has been received?

Received my email today. Shame they referred to it as the 'Spring 2012 Script Room' - d'oh!

Quote: bigger niche @ September 21 2012, 8:28 PM BST

Err ... it's just a figure of speech.

I know it's easy to be taken in: that Gerry had me going until recently because the girl picture he uses had me thinking he was a right little goer called Geraldine.

Just seen this Laughing out loud

Quote: Alan O'Brien @ November 7 2012, 7:24 PM GMT

Anyone received an email from Writersroom yet to say their script has been received?

Yes - got mine. Now to let them know where I'll be living this time next year.

I think the way it's supposed to work is that the acknowledgements go out when the shutter comes down (ie, when the window closes).

I got mine even though it was sent to "undisclosed recipients" which wasn't the address I used when I sent it in.

Is anyone thinking like me that the window is now closed? No room for shoddiness at the BBC?

The window closed on 31st October.
Then they logged all scripts, after which they sent out the "your script has been received" email.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ November 12 2012, 1:44 PM GMT

The window closed on 31st October.
Then they logged all scripts, after which they sent out the "your script has been received" email.

In my imagination, the Writer's Room is completely in the dark, only accessible by a long tunnel. Okay, Patrick McGoohan might be there as well...