Beeb OFAH repeats

Watched an Only Fools episode last night (Yuppy Love). I recorded it from the afternoon repeats on the Beeb because I wanted to see if it was the original uncut version (It wasn't. Boo.). It had Rodney saying "You bastard" in it. That OK at 2pm?!

Is there a reason why it would be the edited VHS/DVD version they are showing? Original agreement for the music expired?

The current afternoon repeats are edits of edits. If you'd recorded an earlier 30 minute episode you'll have seen that they've combined 2 episodes into hour blocks, with a single opening theme and unified single credit sequence at the end. I really cannot begin to fathom the reasoning behind this, but you can bet much of it is censorship for the mid-day slot.

They were due to show the one were Elsie Partridge does a seance in the pub the other afternoon

But they changed the episode because Elsie mentioned she could see a figure with long blond hair with fingers covered in gold jewellery

And Trigger says "sounds like Jimmy Savile"

Quote: tiger_rick @ October 9 2012, 5:38 PM BST

Is there a reason why it would be the edited VHS/DVD version they are showing?

'Hey Rodney, I'm going down the Chinkies and then the Pakies' might upset the mid-afternoon student audience.

Quote: lofthouse @ October 10 2012, 10:16 PM BST

They were due to show the one were Elsie Partridge does a seance in the pub the other afternoon

But they changed the episode because Elsie mentioned she could see a figure with long blond hair with fingers covered in gold jewellery

And Trigger says "sounds like Jimmy Savile"

If they ever do show that episode again, there's another cut that will never be reinstated.