Help with moc-doc Page 2

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 15 2012, 12:13 PM BST

The trouble with moc docs is that they're so tired and well-worn these days.
And it's the sort of medium practically anybody could write/perform/film.
"Serious documentary, something goes wrong, awkward looks at the camera."

Way back in the 80s, Bad News Tour (Comic Strip Presents) cracked it, because that style was fresh. But not any more.

If you're thinking of punting out a moc doc these days, it would need a fresh take of the medium to succeed.

You could write a real documentary about someone setting out to make a mock doc.

During filming, you discover someone is actually documenting *your* documentary.

But then you fück them up by revealing that your documentary is in fact a spoof, and you haven't been commissioned, you haven't got a producer or anything. You're just doing it for a laught because it might help you shag more/a * bird/s*.

(* delete as appropriate)

Their retort that they've been put up to it by your documentary subject can be the subject of an interview that goes on the DVD as one of the "extras".

Your girlfriend / ex-girlfriend can reveal plans to dump you in another interview "extra".

I'd go for it- 90 pages is a huge effort to write, even if the BBC are unlikely to use it, it is a great calling card and a good way to show you understand the technical side of writing a script too.

I sent a script last year- just over an hour long. It got through to a second stage of readers and that was it. But it was an achievement in itself to get that far- and you get detailed feedback if its read beyond the first ten pages.

I'd love to read it if possible? Pm me for my email.