Crosses

Jesus and Peter are about to play Noughts and Crosses.
Jesus: I’m not being crosses!
Peter lets out a big sigh.
Peter: Okay I’ll be crosses. But turn the board round. From where I’m standing its f**king upside down.

Big Fella for me the biblical tones to your recent posts are diluting your work as it is evident that you are more conversant with its content than your readers

For me the premise you are using is leaving the reader requiring more than a working knowledge of the bible and as such is putting decent jokes at risk.

There is nothing wrong with the genre but my advice if it's of any value would be to set your scenes inside extremely basic bible stories that the bulk of us heathens are aware of.
For my part most of my biblical knowledge comes form Charlton Heston films so whilst I have a working knowledge of Moses I'm still not sure if Ben Hur killed him?

That said if you are currently working on a tour of Europe's top theological colleges I should imagine you are coining it in.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ August 27 2012, 7:10 AM BST

Big Fella for me the biblical tones to your recent posts are diluting your work as it is evident that you are more conversant with its content than your readers

For me the premise you are using is leaving the reader requiring more than a working knowledge of the bible and as such is putting decent jokes at risk.

There is nothing wrong with the genre but my advice if it's of any value would be to set your scenes inside extremely basic bible stories that the bulk of us heathens are aware of.

To big myself up, I am familiar with the historical premise upon which this sketch is based.

However, to small myself down again, I don't understand how a noughts and crosses grid can be upside down.

Perhaps this sketch should come with subtitles for the hard-of-thinking?

St Peter was crucified upside down hence the pun.
However the crosses involved in this type of game are more synonymous with the hideous crucifixion of St Andrew and all his associated schisms from Orthodox Byzantine to the fanciful cirrus interpretation of highlanders and their wanes.

Quote: bigfella @ August 26 2012, 9:42 PM BST

PETER: turn the board round. From where I’m standing its . . . upside down.

Where can anyone stand so that a noughts-and-crosses grid looks upside-down?

A noughts-and-crosses grid cannot look upside-down, can it?