Desert Island Dicks Page 2

Quote: SimonWing @ August 15 2012, 1:20 PM BST

Then an uplifting flashback interacting with a beautiful, charming woman, and find her stone dead in the wreckage to increase the feeling of desperation.

It's getting funnier by the minute.

The plan goes something like this:

Tim wakes up on the island near Greg and Sean, then they wander round looking for the remaining survivors but they get kind of lost so it takes them a few days to find any. In that time the other survivors have all bonded, built a camp and have all little in-jokes etc. Tim wants to be a part of the group (which includes Danielle) but he turns up with Greg and Sean who immediately start being, well, dicks. Tim is with them he's tarred with the same brush, despite his please to the contrary. So the camp send them out to find the radio to "prove themselves" but mostly to get rid of them for a while.

They head out and by some miracle actually do find the radio, along with the planes supply of alcohol which they decide could be used for medicinal purposes, but once Tim falls asleep Sean and Greg decide to have a drink, get wasted and decide that it's they can turn the island into a utopia under their iron-fist (because they see their ascension to power as an inevitability, of course). So, while drunk, they smash the only means of communication with the outside world.

The next day the camp find out, and Greg and Sean lay the blame on Tim as part of their scheme. So the three of them are shunned. The "legs" of the show are Tim's attempts to convince the camp he's not a bastard (or at least convince Danielle to put her neck on the line by vouching for him), Sean and Greg attempting to seize control (or sabotage the camp since their belief in Ayn Rand is shaken when everyone is getting along fine without them and the general desert-island-based challenges that everyone faces.

Originally I thought the plane scene was necessary to set up that Sean and Greg are bastards but more importantly to give Sean and Danielle a pre-existing rapport, giving him and "in" to the camp. However, now I think about it I can pretty easily introduce that all on the island... I'll give it a go starting on the island then and see how I do!