The Olympics Page 111

I missed the bit where we showed our appreciation and respect for the competitors and their teams, I only saw them being herded into pits then held back and expected to stand up for how ever many boring hours it went on for.

Where those people wearing blue hats with light bulbs on them holding hands to stop them escaping?

I thought Health and Safety might get out of one of the taxis or perhaps parachute in to seize the lorries in case anyone fell off.

I think that's three or four top of the page postings for me now. Do I get an award?

Just watching bit of the closing. I liked Russell Brands bit but if you're going to have a comedian on at least have them do a funny song or a bit of stand up.

Was that a giant octopus that Fat Boy Slim was in?

My kids loved it.
They loved the stuff they knew and they loved me telling them about the references they didn't get.
In fact my ten tear old boy asked me to download '" I am the Walrus" this morning.
The Olympics are about the future - the athletes who will thrill us all in Rio - some of them are no older than my daughters now.
All this grumbling about "it's not like it were in my day" is faintly depressing.

Me?
I'm just sad this all-to-brief break from the pompous twattery of self-serving politicians and the prurient scum-baggery of our national Press is over.

Quote: Lazzard @ August 13 2012, 3:04 PM BST

My kids loved it.
They loved the stuff they knew and they loved me telling them about the references they didn't get.
In fact my ten tear old boy asked me to download '" I am the Walrus" this morning.

I still enjoyed it, just not what I was expecting. Everyone at least looks like they were having a good time.

I've literally got nothing to watch now, especially as The Walking Dead has finished too. Although there is that new Channel 5 thing produced by Christopher Nolan's brother starring Jim Catweazel and the creepy but ultimately likeable guy from Lost.

Quote: reds @ August 13 2012, 3:14 PM BST

Everyone at least looks like they were having a good time.

With 150,000 condoms to use up they're entitled to !

Wonder how long it will be before the performers release their 'as seen at the olympics' albums.

Quote: Loopey @ August 13 2012, 6:28 PM BST

Wonder how long it will be before the performers release their 'as seen at the olympics' albums.

I saw an advert for a Madness 'Best of' album today.

Belarusian women's shot put gold medallist NadzeyaOstapchuk has now been disqualified after officials said metenolone was found in a urine sample she provided.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19242736

I was sooooo sure that the Ceremony was going close out to the Stone's, It's all Over Now.

Quote: Nogget @ August 13 2012, 7:02 PM BST

Belarusian women's shot put gold medallist NadzeyaOstapchuk has now been disqualified after officials said metenolone was found in a urine sample she provided.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19242736

You mean they found urine in her drug stream?

They practically found a cock between her thighs.

I doubt it would be anybody elses

Be nice.

For her it would