Curb your Enthusiasm Season 8 Page 7

Quote: Lazarus Goldfinger @ September 19 2011, 11:00 PM BST

OH FOR CHRISTSAKES! I missed it because I was busy trying to get my newsjack sketches typed up and sent off! It's not on 4oD and don't think More4 are repeating it either! &%$@%^$£$"^*&%$@%!!!
I'M SUCH AN ANGRY PIRATE! Pirate &%$@%^$£$"^*&%$@%!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

http://www.tvduck.com/frame.php?epi=351261&view=968174

Quote: michael b @ September 20 2011, 3:53 PM BST

It would be a very sad day if CYE started going down the mediocre Seinfeld road. (I'd rather LD pull the plug.)

Mediocre? Good lord...

I enjoy Seinfeld waaaaay more than Curb.

Curb is great and has many, many moments of genius, but for me it's become not that enjoyable to watch as a whole.

Love Curb, but it wouldn't be my choice as 'the greatest sitcom of all time'; there are plenty ahead of it for me. (Including Seinfeld)

When it gets to New York, that's when the fun begins. There's a few great moments before that though.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ September 20 2011, 10:31 AM BST

http://www.tvduck.com/frame.php?epi=351261&view=968174

WOOHOO! Thanks Sanchez!

The girl scout scene in the first ep was the first time I slapped my hand to my mouth whist watching curb.

This has been a good series and I hope they leave it as the last as I wouldn't like to see it go down hill.
Can't really see them going any further with the characters but who knows the great Larry David may prove me wrong.

I should have read the thread, I've missed the first two now

Some of you might be interested in this. An interview I made with Jeff Garlin as guest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdE8bRzRaSI

Meh, I'm not a massive fan of Curb this season. It's terribly unsubtle and far too absurd. And you can pretty much tell what's going to happen. Also, I swear in earlier seasons the people around Larry were more normal. For the past couple of seasons, the general public aren't acting like the general public in real life do, they're not acting naturally. The great thing about Curb is Larry pointing out things that people REALLY do and having the balls to put them straight. Now, I'm not saying they're not in this season, cos they are...but they're also surrounded by people acting unrealistically. Like the whole Baseball guy episode. The Jewish man at the funeral who refused to be in the same room as a guy who once fumbled a catch 20 years ago? Really? Really?

It's not even that, they're running out of things for Larry to question. I mean what the hell was up with Larry's logic of 'he's dating a woman who is ugly, he's clearly a respectable guy. However, my financial advisor, who I've had no problems with up until now, is dating a woman who is beautiful...thus he only cares about looks and is shallow, so I must never work with this guy again' WHAT?!?! I think Cheryl was pretty good looking? And what about all the other girls Larry's dated? Why didn't Larry apply that logic then? What the hell is that logic anyway. It's shit and it's lazy writing and I'm surprised it's pulled the wool over so many people's eyes. I liked two episodes this season, 5 and 10. The rest I could do without.

Quote: Pineapplesky @ October 21 2011, 2:00 PM BST

I mean what the hell was up with Larry's logic of 'he's dating a woman who is ugly, he's clearly a respectable guy. However, my financial advisor, who I've had no problems with up until now, is dating a woman who is beautiful...thus he only cares about looks and is shallow, so I must never work with this guy again' WHAT?!?! I think Cheryl was pretty good looking? And what about all the other girls Larry's dated? Why didn't Larry apply that logic then? What the hell is that logic anyway. It's shit and it's lazy writing and I'm surprised it's pulled the wool over so many people's eyes.

Isn't that one of the great things about Larry? He has a twisted logic about nearly everything, but there's always a little bit of wisdom in there.

He's trying to say men who marry ugly women have good intentions and aren't just superficial people. He's just being super picky, and he can be because he's a mega rich neurotic.

Larry's always done that kind of thing, remember the chef who wore the wig?

I personally loved the new off the leash Larry. The episodes in LA were getting awfully dull.

Just got around to watching season 8 on DVD and noticed at least two of the episodes have been edited from what originally went out on More4. Does anyone know if the US DVD content is the same as the UK?