BBC Drama Writers Academy 2012

Anybody else going for this? I know I am. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/bbc-writers-academy-2012

The BBC Drama Writers Academy 2012 is now open for applications from writers who have had at least one professional drama commission.

Do you want training across BBC One's flagship shows (EastEnders, Holby City, Casualty, Doctors) and a springboard to write across the entire range of the BBC's drama output?

Our Continuing Dramas are the backbone of Drama production. From emotionally gripping story-lines to compelling cliff-hangers, BBC's continuing drama is renowned for its quality as well as its popularity. Here at the BBC, we're looking for interesting and original writers who can build on the success of our flagship shows.

Now in its eighth year, the Academy is a major initiative aimed at discovering and training the next generation of writers for BBC One drama

Who can apply?

Eight writers are selected out of hundreds of applicants. Our focus is on finding writers with a strong original voice. To succeed, you'll need to be capable of creating believable characters and compelling storylines and communicating them through strong, emotional dialogue.

Your experience could be in film, TV, radio or theatre, but you must have had at least one professional (paid) drama commission. You'll also demonstrate a passion for television drama, particularly our flagship shows.

Deadline: 3rd May 2012

*****EDIT*****
I copied this straight from WR websaite and weird webcode was showing in the above text. Fixed.

Good luck!

Flagship shows. FFS they're not bring back the Onedin Line and Hornblower are they???

Much worse, they're bringing back Triangle. Teary

Howard's Way, anyone? :P

Lance chance. This is the deadline day for applications.

Friend of mine is a reader. This was her Facebook status recently, might be of interest:

"My tip for Writers Academy applicants: write something cheerful. Anything cheerful and witty stands out a country mile. For extra stand-out qualities, don't include any sexual violence."

They've whittled applications down to just 103 scripts.

Last year, the first round longlist was 156.