White Van Man - Series 2 Page 4

Weird isn't it? Like they're (or Zai Bennett himself ) trying to dismantle the good work that has been done in these last 2 years.

Zai Bennett is turning BBC Three into the new ITV2 (the channel he used to run) with cheap and nasty programming. The simple fact is he'd rather some shitty dating or celeb show than sitcoms or drama.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ May 1 2012, 4:16 AM BST

Zai Bennett is turning BBC Three into the new ITV2 (the channel he used to run) with cheap and nasty programming. The simple fact is he'd rather some shitty dating or celeb show than sitcoms or drama.

BBC Three has always had cheap and nasty programming!

Haven't been a fan of Will Mellor since/due to 'Two Pints...' however I thought that this was more than respectable and had another couple of series in it.

But then I'm not a high powered TV executive.

Doesn't bode well at all.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ May 1 2012, 11:35 AM BST

BBC Three has always had cheap and nasty programming!

But there has always been plenty of decent shows mixed in, mainly sitcoms and a couple of dramas. But with the channel's budget cut it seems that anything that costs quite a bit is being done away with.

Echo all the above, what a foolish, idiotic, baseless decision this was, a good, likeable sitcom just building up a strong fanbase and it looked a sitcom that needed a longer run to fulfill its promise, like HNTLYL looked. They possibly are trying to dismantle BBC Three, why else cut all their best sitcoms?

WHITE VAN MAN IS AMAZING,
BBC Three producers have gone mad!

A full series of the US remake has now been ordered.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000816/white_van_man_us_adaptation_commissioned/

Yup, good stuff. Hopefully it has more success! May well deserve it for JK Simmons alone.

I loved the first series of White Van Man but the second series was a real mixed bag. Darren's transformation from rogue to complete prick and Ollie's gullibility didn't help. The Cupboard episode was really good but the rest ranged from OK to dire.

The ratings look appalling too. Last episode of Series 2 had less than half the viewers as the last one in Series 1. I'm not sure cancelling it can be classified as a massive own goal. Personally, I would've liked them to make another series and make some tweaks to the formula.

US cast isn't great though I do love Leah Remini. I'll watch it out of interest.

The ratings only look poor in comparison to the channel's previous levels. Compared to other current programmes they were not remotely poor. The entirety of Three is going downhill fast, and WVM S2's ratings were, at worst, average.

After giving it the chop why are BBC repeating it on BBC One?

Quote: blahblah @ May 28 2012, 1:45 PM BST

After giving it the chop why are BBC repeating it on BBC One?

Maybe repeats were in the contract. (If that makes sense)

Or possibly BBC One know a good show when they see it.

Danny Cohen (BBC One controller) used to run BBC Three didn't he?

He probably commissioned it originally, alongside other shows Zai Bennett has axed.

That is correct on all counts.