Comedy Site Writers!

Hi there!
I am a comedy writer and I want to launch my own comedy site soon so that others can see my writing!

I want to gather a team of writers so that I can make it more of a community comedy site rather than just one of all MY work. I would like to give spotlight to other comedic writers like myself who are trying to make a name for themselves.

Here is what the site will include:

MAIN PAGE
-Jokes about the news (Daily)
-Spotlight Post: a spotlight post is a weekly post about one of the writers! Each writer will get to post a small scene they wrote, or jokes they've recently written, or whatever they want to add to their spotlight post! (Weekly)

SKETCH PAGE
-Sketches recently written by the writing team
-Ideas
-Cold Opens
-Advice

WRITING TEAM PAGE
-Here each writer gets their own biography section! Each writer can customize their 'about me' section however they would like!

If you're interested, please e-mail me at: amyperkinsonline@hotmail.com
This site will be up soon so let me know!!

P.S. This will be all online so there is no need for physically meeting! It's all online!

Hi Amy, welcome. Moving this thread...

What sort of pay are we looking at here?

I think you know the answer to that.

There is no pay, it is simply for experience. One of the main points of the website is to promote other comedian's writing and skills who have not yet been discovered.

It's more of a group effort rather than a 'pay per joke' type of site.

You have to understand, Amy, that Mikey J is considered a true professional at the upper echelons of the writing world.

Heh, amazing how some people still call me "Mikey J" even though I haven't abbreviated the surname for years. I'm sure they call me much worse too. :)

Nowt wrong with asking the bunce question. How else will I eat, drink and pay for my home?

It's cos everyone knows you're just dying to be the new Sootyj

Pity

There can only be one.

"Here we are, we're the masters of the Universe!!!!!"

Can I be your sidekick? :P