Is this joke offensive? Page 2

Oh I agree that most of the jokes I've ever written are shit and that happens to pretty much everybody all the time but I think it is important that even once I've separate the good, the mediocre and the truely rubbish jokes, keeping a bank of the ideas that I orginally thought made the jokes funny will help me out in the long run.

As for this joke, I've already edited slightly to become:-

(Punchline said with a slightly foolish sense of enlightenment)
"Some claim that yellow is the colour of luck and prosperity.
So that's why it's wrong to refer to the North Korean people as yellow."

xXx

You think every one of the greats comes up with nothing but gold?

nb I think the yellow joke suffers from too many associations with the word yellow.

Asian, cowardly, malaria, jaundiced.

Actually I can think of 4, butthat's enough to make it not definitive you know what I mean?

Some claim that yellow has associations with health and prosperity, but every time I hear Coldplay I feel sick and demoralised.

Nowthat's neat!

Ha! Cue a flood of colour jokes...

People born in Lincolnshire are known as Lincolnshire yellow bellies. They also say that yellow is a lucky colour but if that was the case why is my belly so fat that I can't see my feet? It's because I don't have to look at the holes in my socks!

Hang on, I appear to have forgotten how a joke works...

[*signs up to Sootys comedy correspondence course]

Quote: sootyj @ April 16 2012, 11:16 AM BST

They say blue is the colour of depression.
So why won't smurfs stop singing?

They say green is the colour of being ill?
Hulk looks pretty feisty to me.

They say the imperial colour is purple?
But the purple people eater is just a chav.

They say yellow is the colour of cowardice.
Try telling that to Banana Man!

:D

Quote: Tuumble @ April 16 2012, 1:10 PM BST

Ha! Cue a flood of colour jokes...

People born in Lincolnshire are known as Lincolnshire yellow bellies. They also say that yellow is a lucky colour but if that was the case why is my belly so fat that I can't see my feet? It's because I don't have to look at the holes in my socks!

Hang on, I appear to have forgotten how a joke works...

[*signs up to Sootys comedy correspondence course]

£500 in used notes in the broken disabled karzi at Kingscross and I'll drop the course around.

I find eating chocolate and gravy depressing.

It leaves me brown in the mouth.

I've recently had great success with the ladies - I'm going through a purple-headed patch.

PS My racist's got no brain? How does he think? He doesn't.

:) I won on the Grand National and my toilet is fixed- I feel flushed!

Apparently dark orange represents agression and sexual desire, but you try telling that to a chav's face-- Wait...

The colour Aqua represents emotional healing and protection, which is ironic because I nearly slit my wrists when I heard "Barbie Girl".

Some say the colour yellow has associations with health and happiness - I'm blind and suicidal, so there might be something in it.

I asked Chris Martin what colour the taxis were in New York, he replied "They were all yellow".

I asked Chris Martin what colour the taxis were in New York and he said ...I don't f**king know, ask the wife.

Really he said the same thing when I asked him why the Argentine garrison forces surrendered Port Stanley 1982.

*ANNOUNCER VOICE*
Please welcome... All the way from... 1972... Mr... Comeeeeeeeeeedian!

*MR COMEEEEEEEEEEDIAN*
"Hey, great to be here.. My wife tells me her favourite colour is blue, so I strangled our newborn.. Thank you, thank you..
But that's not all.. I was walking down the street thinking about the colour 'Brown'.. and I thought "Hey! People from Pakistan have "Brown" skin! I think I've just made an associative play on words right there!
.. I got a whole Dulux spectrum here folks, it's a gonna be a long night..."

- Just kidding, not judging -