Writers who cameoed in their sitcom Page 4

David Renwick also appeared in an episode of Love Soup as one of the writers of a bad comedy.

Rob Grant is seen in the Backwards episodes of Red Dwarf.

Peter Baynham is the guy with a voicebox in I'm Alan Partridge.

David Nobbs did make a cameo in something that he wrote but it currently escapes me what.

Derren Litten has made a few appearances in Benidorm (S2 Ep1, S3 Ep6 and the 2009 special).

And S01E02.

Quote: Aaron @ January 6 2012, 1:35 PM GMT

And S01E02.

WTF?

Not a sitcom but I love the way the Marvel bloke, Stan Lee turns up in all their films.

Larry David made a handful of appearances in Seinfeld in physical and verbal form

Quote: John M @ January 6 2012, 1:01 PM GMT

Derren Litten has made a few appearances in Benidorm (S2 Ep1, S3 Ep6 and the 2009 special).

He was in the last episode of Series 4 too, in the bar Madge opened.

Yeah Larry David's off-screen voice appearences crack me up. Lots of writers in animated shows like Simpsons and stuff get put in as background characters. Also in the American Office many of the writers like Paul Liberstein, Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak star in it.

Henry Normal in Paul Calf's Video Diary/Three Fights Two Weddings and a Funeral. He was Darren Little, you know, wears an orthopaedic shoe, looks like Patrick Swayze, works in John Menzies.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but Adrian Poynton (the writer of White Van Man) starred in his own sitcom as P.C Orsom in 1 episode of S1 and 2 episodes of S2. He's brilliant as the role of Orsom.