Skit Comp 9 - 16.4.11

Happy Easter bunnies and congratulations to Shandonbelle for winning. Get ludicrously yet legitimately poo-faced and PM me for next week's topic please.
Hence:

Points - Votes - Name

10 - 4 - Shandonbelle
2 - 5 - Tuumble, Nil Putters
Speckled mention: Jason Simmons, Gappy, Lippy Alison, Otterfox

Your new subject: SHOPPING (chosen by me)

Rules:
One entry/vote per person. Anyone can enter regardless of colour, sexual preferences or inside leg measurement, except the bastard who never paid me (you know who you are).
Can be a sketch, joke, lyric or anything else as long as it's original and vaguely linked to the topic. Please try and only post your entry/vote and no other posts.
You can edit your entry as much as you want, up until the closing time.

Competition Closes: 16.4.12

Overall Leader Board is now:

Position - Points - Name
1 - 30 - Otterfox
2 - 25 - Michael Monkhouse
3 - 23 - Shandonbelle
4 - 10 - Gappy, Ish
5 - 5 - Nil Putters, Tuumble
6 - 3 - Craig H, Shirl the Whirl

PS Check out the hall of fame in the thread called, um, Hall of Fame.

WHOLE LOTTERY FUN

SHOP.

SHOPKEEPER Is this your lottery ticket Sir?

CUSTOMER Yes...

SHOPKEEPER puts it through the machine, it makes MUSIC!

SHOPKEEPER Oh my God, you've just won eighty-five million nine thousand six hundred and ninety seven pounds Sir!

CUSTOMER Oh Lord! Give me eighty-five million nine thousand six hundred and ninety seven more lottery tickets please.

FX BELL AND DOOR OPENING.

ASSISTANT:
Good day sir.

MAN:
Hello, I see from your sign on your shop window that you sell everything.

ASSISTANT:
That we do, absolutely everything.

MAN:
Ok, I've got quite a list. I'll have an auctioneer.

ASSISTANT:
I'll check the computer... yes, you're in luck.

MAN:
Right, I'd like to buy some photos of ceefax please.

ASSISTANT:
We've got them. I'll throw in a few sepia prints of Oracle and 4 Tel for you sir; there's a lovely shot of the Bamboozle page.

MAN:
Thanks... could I also have an overtly gay undertaker?

ASSISTANT:
They're one of our top sellers, I must have shifted two hundred overtly gay undertakers in the last week alone.

MAN:
Spock's nose, you got that?

ASSISTANT:
Yes, there is one of those in stock at the moment.

MAN:
Hmmm, what's next. Oh, I'd like two suicide bombers concealed inside a pantomime horse please.

ASSISTANT:
That shouldn't be a problem.

MAN:
Now I'd like an exact plasticine replica of Morph being run over by a small steamroller.

ASSISTANT:
Uh-huh.

MAN:
Ok, can you tell me if you've got a maze for cows?

ASSISTANT:
Yep, it's out the back and it comes with cows included.

MAN:
Could you do this for me please? I want five cows, dress four of them as ghosts and dress the fifth as Pacman, if you could.

ASSISTANT:
Sure, I'll just make a note of the additional extras.

MAN:
Next up, I want a hamper full of shadows.

ASSISTANT:
There's nothing coming up on the screen for that, hang on... I could do you a picnic basket filled with silhouettes.

MAN:
Yeah, that could work. Last but not least, I'd like some tumbleweed to end the sketch.

ASSISTANT:
I thought you were never going to end it sir.

MAN:
And something to blow it, a tumbleweed blower, if you will.

ASSISTANT:
Would you believe it, I'm out of tumbleweed blowers. Let me see, I've got an exuberant dolphin who can use it's flippers to operate a pair of bellows.

MAN:
It's worth a try, three or four reasonable gusts should be enough... yes, we'll go for that.

FX DOLPHIN SOUND THEN FX GUST OF WIND.

24 HOUR TESCOS. ALL IS QUIET. GRACE FROM "WAKING THE DEAD" IS WALKING THROUGH THE AISLES. LOOK OF BENIGN WISDOM ON HER FACE. SHE PICKS UP SOME FROZEN PEAS.

SUDDENLY SHE COMES ACROSS RED SPLASHES IN THE FROZEN FOOD SECTION. SHE HEARS BANGING AND SHOUTING. SHE FOLLOWS SPLASHES ROUND CORNER TO FROZEN DESSERTS.

"BOYD" TREVOR EVE IS SMASHING UP ICE CREAM CABINET WITH A HAMMER, SECURITY GUARDS SHOUT "SIR, PUT THE HAMMER DOWN!" GRACE RUSHES TO BOYD.

GRACE: No, Boyd. Why?!!!

GRACE TRIES TO STOP BOYD. ICE CREAM AND LOLLIES ARE LEAKING OUT ON THE FLOOR. SECURITY GUARDS PUSH HER ASIDE AND BUNDLE BOYD TO THE GROUND.

GRACE: Why Boyd? It's over! You're nearly good in that Kidnap and Ransom thing. You've got a career! What on earth are you thinking?

BOYD: I had to Grace, I had to.

SECURITY GUARDS DRAG BOYD TO HIS FEET AND AWAY TO DOOR.

BOYD: I had to crack the cold case!!!!!

GRACE: What the f**k?

END

MAN: Hello? Yes, you, my man

ASSISTANT: Ah, morning, Sir

M: I don't see what's so good about it.

A: I didn't actually specify, but go on.

M: It's this toaster.

A: I see. Do I take it there's a problem?

M: What's wrong with it? "What's wrong with it?", he says.

A: Actually, I didn't, but do continue.

M: I shall. I'll continue to the bitter, blighted end. I'll tell you what's bottoming wrong with it: it doesn't make toast!

A: Did you say "bottoming"?

M: Does my vernacular offend you? Well, it's time the time for straight talking, my laddio.

A: Quite so. Well, I'd be happy to exchange the device for you, Sir.

M: Uh-uh! We've been through that malarkey. Oh, yes, we've waltzed down that daffodil alley many a merry time.

A: I see. Well, we'd be happy to reimburse you fully, of course, but just for our satisfaction, do you mind if I test it?

M: Be my guest. But you won't like it. You'll be an unhappy guest, who's disappointed with the mattress and let down by the bottoming breakfast.

A: All the same, Sir. [Turns on toaster]. Well, the element appears to be working, let's just - ooh, yes, it's getting pretty hot. Was the calibration off, Sir?

M: Don't give me calibration; don't fob me off with calibration like a sing-song on a ski slope. It's getting hot alright, but it's not making toast, is it? And that's the very essence of the appliance.

A: Well...there's no bread in it.

M: You need to put bread in it?! Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it make the claims of this toast-creation device rather less impressive if I have to supply the raw material myself? You're telling me this machine just heats up bread?

A: That's a rough definition of toast, Sir.

M: But I can do that on the grill!

A: True.

M: So why do I need this little cuboid cock cluttering up my kitchen? It's a complete waste of bottoming space!

A: I see, Sir. I fear, however, that the fault can't be laid at the feet of this particular retail outlet. Perhaps you'd like to pass your concerns direct to Morphy Richards themselves?
M: I tried! I tried to phone that Richards cove myself, to give him steamy piece of my mind.

A: Am I to assume from your rubicund visage that they didn't see things your way, Sir? What a pity.

M: Don't know, do I? The bottoming phone was on the blink.

A: Ah. [Beat] You do know you have to talk into it, don't you?

M: What? Do I have to do everything myself? This country's a farce. Taxi! [Looks around the shop for moment, then storms out].

INT HI-FI SHOP. A MIDDLE AGED MAN IS BROWSING THE SHINY EQUIPMENT LOOKING MISERABLE. A SHOPKEEPER APPROACHES HIM

ASSISTANT
Everything ok sir?

MAN
Not really. I hate online shopping.

THE ASSISTANT LOOKS PUZZLED. SUDDENLY THE MAN IS YANKED BACKWARD OUT OF THE SHOP. HE'S PULLED INTO A CAR PARK WHERE HIS WIFE IS REELING HIM IN ON A LARGE FISHING ROD.

WIFE
Time's up Bob. That shed isn't going to paint itself you know.

MALE CUSTOMER ENTERS BAKERY TO SOUND OF BEEP-BEEP FROM DOOR AND APPROACHES FEMALE ASSISTANT BEHIND THE COUNTER.

CUSTOMER:Good morning.

ASSISTANT:Good morning sir.

CUSTOMER:What bread do you have?

ASSISTANT: (LOOKING BEHIND COUNTER) Bread, right...Spelt?

CUSTOMER: Er, B.R.E.A.D.

ASSISTANT: Naan?

CUSTOMER: Nothing at all?

ASSISTANT: Crumpet?

CUSTOMER: Bit personal. (PAUSE) But, since you ask, not as much as I'd like certainly.

ASSISTANT: Pita?

CUSTOMER: It is a shame yes, but my wife and I have been working very hard lately. (PAUSE) Look, if you haven't any bread what about some pancakes?

ASSISTANT: Crepe?

CUSTOMER: Oh are they. I'll give them a miss then. Ah my old Dad loved his pancakes.

ASSISTANT: Pappadum?

CUSTOMER: Wasn't the brightest no. Poor chap. And my mother was a right old....

ASSISTANT: Sourdough?

CUSTOMER: Yes. They retired down to the south coast...

ASSISTANT: Rye?

CUSTOMER: No, Eastbourne. We used to drive down there every weekend.

ASSISTANT: Rolls?

CUSTOMER: Gosh no. It was a Ford Cortina I think. (PAUSE) Is there really no bread at all?

ASSISTANT: Foccaccia?

CUSTOMER: I was only asking.

ASSISTANT: Cob?

CUSTOMER: Look, I just wanted some bread. Not abuse.

ASSISTANT: But, sir..

CUSTOMER: No, I'll take my business elsewhere thank you. (HEADS FOR DOOR MUTTERING AS ASSISTANT LOOKS ON CONFUSED) A bakery with no bread! What a pile of cr...

BEEP-BEEP FROM DOOR ACTS AS BLEEPER FOR CURSE AS CUSTOMER EXITS

INTBHS

A throng of shoppers move frantically around the clothes rails, pulling off garments while running at speed around the entire store. Women in high heels, businessmen in suits, mothers pushing prams, teenagers, pensioners and school kids in uniform.

A suited store manager stands at the checkout desk, arms folded, smugly surveying the scene.

Maud and Harry sit in the store café; they stare bemused, sipping tea.

One by one the shoppers fall exhausted in a heap before the manager, a groaning mountain of bodies lie at his feet. Purses, wallets, fivers, tenners, store and gift cards emerge waving from the heaving mound of bodies.
The manager pings the till open.

HARRY
Is it the heat or what? Tis a bit stuffy in here though.

MAUD
No love....its Shop Till You Drop Tuesday.

WE ARE THE VIEWERS OF A TYPICAL HOME SHOPPING TV CHANNEL WITH FREDDIE PRESENTING ASSISTED BY BRENDA.

FREDDIE: Hello and welcome to Freddie the Fence's shopping channel. Listen up geezers, I've got a ton off knocked-off stuff here that's hotter than a Tulisa home video. First up car stereos. Brenda, what's the SP?

BRENDA: Well Freddie this is the latest Sony model, only slightly scratched where it was crow-barred out of a BMW this morning. Which is more than can be said for the ponce who was driving it at the time.

FREDDIE: I f**king hate Beemer drivers. Anyway. Nice one. And a lot of our punters want to know what to do about the code you need to punch in. Which is what I like to do to Beemer drivers.

BRENDA: No problem Freddie. Just stick the stereo in the freezer for 24 hours and then thaw the bugger out.

FREDDIE: Nice one. We've got a caller on the line. Gazza from the Tooting mob. How's it going Gazza?

GAZZA: Pissing awful Freddie. I'm in the nick over that microwave you sold on the Fencing Channel last week. I'm going down for a stretch of 5 to 10 years apparently for handling stolen goods. I wasn't planning on doing porridge, just heating up me vegetables.

FREDDIE: You better not have f**king mentioning me Gazza.

GAZZA: No you're sweet Freddie. I'll take one for the team.

FREDDIE: Good boy. I'll have you looked after down the scrubs. Now let's do our price drop bonanza. What's on special Brenda?

BRENDA: It's just on the way in Freddie. It's a 2004 Porsche 911.

FREDDIE: Nice one. Colour?

BRENDA: Don't know yet. Colin the Crowbar's still in the multi-story looking for one.

FREDDIE: Ok. So still a chance for you wise guys at home to pick the spec, yeah?

FAINT SOUND OF POLICE SIRENS

BRENDA: Sure Freddie. Just tweet in your requirements here @FreddieFence and don't forget to use the hash tag "youaintseenmeright?"

POLICE SIRENS GROWING LOUDER

FREDDIE: Thanks Brenda. You're a darling. Can you hear something?

BRENDA: Bloody hell. The rozzers are outside.

POLICE: (OFF) Freddie the Fence. Come outside with your hands up.

FREDDIE: (TO POLICE) No way. I ain't going away again. Not for no one. (TO CAMERA) We're going to a commercial break now. Next up. Heckler & Koch semi automatics, and Brenda and me will be showing you how to use them.

SCREEN CUTS TO BLACK WITH SOUNDS OF GUNS BEING COCKED

OPEN SCENE TO A SEX SHOP WALL TO WALL IN FILTH FX BELL RINGING AS A DOOR OPENS AND A MAN IN A LONG TRENCH COAT APPEARS THROUGH A NYLON CURTAIN AND SHIFTILY MAKES HIS WAY TOWARDS THE BACK OF THE STORE.

SHOP KEEPER: Looking for anything in particular sir?

Man: Well I want to start my night off with a bang what do you suggest?

SK: We've got the 10" double enders or could I interest you in some poppers?

Man: Poppers sound intriguing. I'll take them.

SK: We have a deal at the moment 3 for £10.

Man: Ok, I'll take them.

THE SHOPKEEPER JOSTLES BEHIND THE COUNTER BEFORE REVEALING 3 BAGS OF PARTY POPPERS.

Man: Excuse me, what are these?

SK: They're poppers mate. The best money can buy.

Man: How am I supposed to get high off of those?!

SK: You did say you wanted to start the night off with a bang.

Man: Yes but, this isn't what I had in mind!!

SK: So do you want them or not?

Man: Here's £20 I'll take 6.

END

Gappy for me this week.

Lots of good stuff this week. Enjoyed them all. Nigel and Ishy stood out, but for me it's got to be Gappy.

I'll vote for Nigel Kelly; any sketch that references Bamboozle goes down well with me.

I liked the oddities Nigel came up with, and enjoyed BardManners' outrageous pun (although I've never seen Waking The Dead, so I have no idea who these people are), but for me it is definitely Nodz this week - it felt pleasingly like a Two Ronnies sketch from 1981, very inventive wordplay.

I enjoyed gappy, Ishy and Michael's entries in particular this week but it is Nodz who gets the nod from me.