"Where I Stand" An Unemployment Documentary

Hey guys.

Where I Stand is a 2012 six part internet television documentary comedy series and recreational script writing project. The show is an online media project and is filmed as such in full raw documentary style footage.

I know there are lots of people on here who don't favour this style of writing and deliberate "realistic" production but your thoughts would all be really appreciated good or bad.

The projects site with EP1 http://www.whereistandtv.com

-Synopsis-
A television documentary cameraman "George" (David Jones) is originally hired by his television station to film and produce a documentary about UK unemployment. During his projects travels he stumbles upon one particular individual who catches his eye. George reports back to his television station and is told to immediately cancel his current assignment and continue to focus film and document "Jay" (Jamie Westwood) who George plans to exploit for every last inch of his idiocy and highly apparent lack of common sense. Jay lives with his flatmate Harry (Harry Davey), a sharp, well-educated individual who personality heavily highlights Jays embarrassingly pathetic lifestyle. Although a friend of Jays and after much patience, Harry accepts a bribe from the television company to allow the filming of Jays humiliating life and current situation to commence on his property. Jays unemployed and no light at the end of the tunnel circumstances exist because music industry agent "Jason" (Harry Makinson) has recently cut Jay out of a major recording contract with Jays old friend, ex band partner and now worldwide pop star success "Mickey" (Jonny Attridge). Join Georges journey as he unmorally does everything he can to reveal his newly discovered goldmine of moronic activity to the world through his point of view shots and mounted interview scenes. A truly hilarious yet emotional documentary comedy about friendship, embarrassment and life by an obvious disproportionate comparison.

I just finished first episode, a pretty funny at times I thought Harry Davey was the strongest actor and worked pretty well when talking to the camera. It's clear that you have been influenced by the Office, obviously that's not a bad thing,but even the theme song and credit style is similar. I though Mickey, as a character, was funny I liked the whole arrogance and I did like Harry. I do think George could do with a bit more development, or maybe I'm supposed to think that and it's all in your masterplan. The emotional scene's I think could of been pulled off better, I know its hard to find emotion in characters you have only seen for ten minutes but could do with improvement.

But overaul I really enjoyed it and am on the mailing list and very intregued to see what goes down in episode 2. Good job guys.

Its such a lovely gesture to have someone spend the time to review your work in such detail. Thank you so much for this. It is very much appreciated.

We are all very large Mocumentary fans in general. We did originally have a lot of ideas for Episode 1 that were cut out of the script and I must admit it was rather difficult trying to get the characters across in a way that was informative but also where we weren't loosing the audiences attention with scenarios not being funny. A lot of the future script does play on these character traits and manorisms quite heavily so it was a bit of a tricky task to implement. We are script writers really so the acting was all pretty new to us :) Thank you for intricate analysis, its just all very awesome of yourself!

I think for a web series it is going to be a task to lock in the inpatient viewers as there are a lot of running jokes and things that just won't be funny along the line to a viewer who hasn't been following. Fingers crossed though. But, we are having plenty of fun filming it which is the main thing I guess and are also getting young actors involved who are talented but find it difficult to find work because of their lack of experience.

We are really going down that "raw filming" approach (some out of focus shots, background noise and even got a bit cocky with the outside shots and the wind, but wanted it to be real I guess). George plays a very big part later on. The whole concept is meant to be that he's a pretty well...s*** freelance cameraman and will do anything for money. There are scenes to follow where some characters are even directing him in shot ha :)

Glad you liked it and again thank you for your precious 10 minutes of dedicative analysis.