Comedian Photography?

I apologise if this is the wrong board, since I'm not entirely sure where to post it, but I have a feeling you guys could help me.

Would it be possible to get in touch with various comedians for photo-shoots? Like, for tour publicity, or something along those lines. If so, how or where would I be able to do this?

Where would the best place to start out be?

Do you mean you want previous pics or you want a job taking pics?

Quote: AJGO @ March 29 2012, 7:35 PM BST

Do you mean you want previous pics or you want a job taking pics?

Oh, sorry if I didn't make that clear.
I'd like to take pics.

Are you looking to charge or is this to build your portfolio?

Not more Bussell photographs, I've got no room left on my tribute wall.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 29 2012, 8:22 PM BST

Are you looking to charge or is this to build your portfolio?

Well, I'm currently in college studying photography.

For our final piece, we must pick a subject and comedy is my biggest passion. I would also love to do this as either a permanent or temporary thing when I'm finished.

So, to build a portfolio, which I think is the best place to start.

I see. Well good luck to you, I'm sure you'll find some willing volunteers. Why not visit a gig or two and talk to some comedians so long as you're offering free photos; particularly as comics will be looking to get publicity shots for their Edinburgh shows right about now.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 29 2012, 8:45 PM BST

I see. Well good luck to you, I'm sure you'll find some willing volunteers. Why not visit a gig or two and talk to some comedians so long as you're offering free photos; particularly as comics will be looking to get publicity shots for their Edinburgh shows right about now.

Oh, okay. Thank you.

I'm hoping to go up to the Fringe for the first time this year anyway, so hopefully I'll get a few opportunities there.

If you're a student trying to build a folio your best bet is to try the comics direct through their websites, Facebook or Twitter.

Agents are not usually very helpful when there's no money in it for them.

Tour posters are usually done by photographers with a long track record. Two names to look up are Andy Hollingsworth and Steve Ullathorne.

I put together a gallery of stand up posters here http://www.comedyposters.tk/

Quote: Ian Fox @ March 30 2012, 4:03 AM BST

If you're a student trying to build a folio your best bet is to try the comics direct through their websites, Facebook or Twitter.

Agents are not usually very helpful when there's no money in it for them.

Tour posters are usually done by photographers with a long track record. Two names to look up are Andy Hollingsworth and Steve Ullathorne.

I put together a gallery of stand up posters here http://www.comedyposters.tk/

Oh, thanks a lot.

I appreciate the site, I'll take a look. I have some basic photoshop skills, so I'll try and improve those.

I did contact Andy Hollingsworth on Facebook, so hopefully he'll respond. I'll look into Steve's work now.

Hello there.

Where are you based? In fact, send me all your details through to frozensmilecomedy@hotmail.co.uk I may be able to help here and you help me also.

Cheers.

Russ.