You don't have to be mad to work in comedy...

But does it help ?

Comedy history is littered with examples of slightly loony genuises, Spike Milligan being one famous example.

So just for the record I would like to reassure everyone here that I'm perfectly sane, the pixies that live under my bed told me so only this morning.

Greetings all ! Wave

Hello! Wave

Wave Hi Allan. Oops! you left the 'E' off the end of your name! :)

Hello! A slight Dudley Moore look about you.

Quote: zooo @ January 31 2012, 11:23 AM GMT

Hello! Wave

Hello Zooo and all ye mods..I've paid my subscription via a photocopy of a one shilling note and also added a tip consisisting of Jo Brand in the nuddy pics.

And they say us Scots are mean eh ? Huh?

:O You are spoiling us!

Quote: ShirleyMcFurley @ January 31 2012, 11:45 AM GMT

Wave Hi Allan. Oops! you left the 'E' off the end of your name! :)

Hi Shirley ! Yeah I got hungry so I ate it. :S

Quote: Tim Azure @ January 31 2012, 11:53 AM GMT

Hello! A slight Dudley Moore look about you.

You reckon? Maybe I have a chance of getting off with some of his women then. Once I've explained why I've grown to six foot and developed a Scottish accent they might forget to ask why I'm not dead. Angelic

Welcome Wave

Hi Allan, please stay more than two posts!

Thanks Will Cam ! Cool

Quote: dellas @ January 31 2012, 2:22 PM GMT

Hi Allan, please stay more than two posts!

Hi Dellas - I've made over a dozen posts ..so will someone please unlock the door now? :$

Hello Allan :) well I can't say for most people but I find my craziness helps me while on stage and writing material. I tend to go for slightly surreal stuff (eg a large rant questioning why giraffe's can't be magical) so being insane does help slightly

Quote: James Hunter @ January 31 2012, 6:59 PM GMT

Hello Allan :) well I can't say for most people but I find my craziness helps me while on stage and writing material. I tend to go for slightly surreal stuff (eg a large rant questioning why giraffe's can't be magical) so being insane does help slightly

Howdo James ;) - Well surrealism didn't do Ross Noble any harm, although I often wonder if he has ever had a "normal" conversation without wandering off into a twilight zone tangent !

Giraffes may not be magical, but they are definitely intelligent, havent heard of one yet that owns a Jedward CD.

Wave

Quote: Allan OB @ January 31 2012, 12:54 PM GMT

I've paid my subscription via a photocopy of a one shilling note and also added a tip consisisting of Jo Brand in the nuddy pics.

How can I unsee?