Writing Partner Wanted. Page 2

Not 'arf!

chipolata, it's a genuine request, you've seen my stuff, post some of your's and we'll have a chat. It is unfair to denigrate me because i'm keen and write a lot.

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ January 11, 2008, 11:28 AM

It is unfair to denigrate me because i'm keen and write a lot.

Do you apply that rule to other users?

What I think Jerf is saying is that if you're going to criticise someones stuff then you should be willing to post yourself. It's a point of view which I have sympathy with, but chipolata might not be a writer, just someone who enjoys reading comedy.

They're going to have to move this back to the Writers Discussion forum probably.

I don't think writers are more or less qualified to critique if they haven't posted their work. Its hardly going to affect the author of the critiqued work's decision to make changes. What will be a factor is whether or not the critique is constructive and thus can be used to change the piece. Negative and positive reviews are equally useful in my mind.

And also we must remember how difficult it is for first time users to post work. I can still remember how defensive I was when I first posted work. I obviously learnt that my defensiveness was stupid and ridiculous but i had to learn that lesson. So if writers are posting their first pieces they will probably be more sensitive to negative advice than they would be to positive advice. Its a learning curve.

All good points AJP. If you are a writer chipolata don't worry about Jerf. He's soft and cuddly. Ripe for stuffing. Post away.

Apparently a genuine request for a writing partner... so moved!

Quote: EllieJP @ January 11, 2008, 2:15 PM

Apparently a genuine request for a writing partner... so moved!

I was moved aswell, to tears infact Teary

hi jeff , i to am looking for a writing partner i have the germ of an idea for a sitcom set in a medical research laboratory. atchoo. i am in east devon so not to far from your goodself.

Hello Phil, Read my profile, post some stuff, see if we are on the same wavelength.

You might want to hold off on writing the medical research labratory sitcom until that new Armando Iannucci sitcom has aired.

Quote: roscoff @ January 11, 2008, 1:36 PM

What I think Jerf is saying is that if you're going to criticise someones stuff then you should be willing to post yourself. It's a point of view which I have sympathy with, but chipolata might not be a writer, just someone who enjoys reading comedy.

Well, its a public forum so people have the right to comment on any thread. Also we all posses the ability to judge what we find funny, its what we do to any comedy. :)