What are you reading right now? Page 140

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Wonder if this would get published if submitted these days

George Martin, Clash of Kings.
Rather enjoying it and sometimes wishing I was born during Boudica time where I could run around braless, play with swords, shag for England and do pagan dances around Stone Henge, without getting arrested, sectioned or called a slut.

Quote: Rose Vivaciou @ October 18 2011, 1:26 PM BST

Rather enjoying it and sometimes wishing I was born during Boudica time where I could run around braless, play with swords, shag for England and do pagan dances around Stone Henge, without getting arrested, sectioned or called a slut.

All of those things are allowed around my house Rose. ;)

On a more staid level, I've just taking a break from this series to try and eke it out a bit. Read the first four books so far.

Quote: Rob H @ October 18 2011, 4:26 PM BST

All of those things are allowed around my house Rose. ;)

On a more staid level, I've just taking a break from this series to try and eke it out a bit. Read the first four books so far.

braless racing round your house then.

I have so many books yet to read. I do want the rest of Manda Scotts Boudica series as book 1 was the best book I have read all year. :D

'The Fifth Witness' - Michael Connelly. Not highbrow but a good read. I love the court stuff.

Just finished The Master and Margarita. Started missing it before I'd got to the end.

Adventure Lit Their Star, a novel about the breeding attempts of a pair of little ringed plovers.

Quote: Timbo @ November 17 2011, 10:17 AM GMT

Adventure Lit Their Star, a novel about the breeding attempts of a pair of little ringed plovers.

I hope for your sake it's more exciting than it sounds.

I am on an edge of the seat bit where the female has begun incubating a cork instead of an egg.

Criminy! That won't turn out well, you mark my words.

Quote: Rose Vivaciou @ October 18 2011, 12:26 PM GMT

Move to Norfolk!

Quote: Timbo @ November 17 2011, 10:17 AM GMT

I've just bought 3 packs of Christmas cards with a ringed plover on the front.

Smoking Ears and Screaming Teeth :A Celebration of Scientific Eccentricity and Self Experimentation by Trevor Horn. This book slays. I've only read the first three chapters. Mad scientists aplenty.One scientist shop himself up with syphilis . MANY breathed noxious fumes. Great and Funny read.

Clive James- Unreliable Memoirs. Surprisingly addictive, although with a bit about spiders that has made me very jumpy even though I don't live in Australia

Quote: keewik @ November 17 2011, 5:26 PM GMT

I've just bought 3 packs of Christmas cards with a ringed plover on the front.

Cute, and as there is a small resident population it passes the seasonal test.

Quote: AJGO @ November 18 2011, 12:15 PM GMT

Clive James- Unreliable Memoirs. Surprisingly addictive, although with a bit about spiders that has made me very jumpy even though I don't live in Australia

If that makes you squeamish wait until he starts talking about his cock.