Reaper US Comedy coming to E4

Reaper is another US comedy starting thismonth on E4. I like the sound of it,

this is from the C4 site as I couldnt find info on E4.

"Premiering on E4, this new comedy follows Sam (Brett Harrison), a life-long slacker who, on his 21st birthday, discovers that his parents sold his soul to Satan (Ray Wise) before he was born.

Sam had always wondered why, for the first 20 years of his life, his parents were so easy on him. Whether it was school, sports, or career choices, Sam's mum (Allison Hossack) and dad (Andrew Airlie) always let him get by with the least possible effort. As a result, Sam skipped college, took a dead-end job, and wasted endless hour playing video games. But now, on turning 21, Sam receives an offer he can't refuse: to work as Satan's own personal bounty hunter, capturing Hell's escapees and sending them back home, or face a fate worse then death.

Helping Sam with his dirty job are his fellow slacker friends and colleagues, Sock (Tyler Labine, Invasion) and Ben (Rick Gonzalez) along with Sock's former girlfriend-turned-paralegal Josie (Valarie Rae Miller). The only person Sam knows he'll have to go to great lengths to hide his new identity from is his smart and pretty co-worker Andi (Missy Peregrym, Heroes).

Though life has suddenly turned weird and scary, Sam is surprised to find that he somehow feels good about his newfound mission. Sam is ready to face his destiny as ‘the Reaper'."

Moved to Foreign comedy

thanks ellie, i missed the heading !

There goes The Sitcom Project.

Not too keen on gimmicky sitcoms.

People need to stop calling it a comedy, I know there's the Kevin Smith connection, but it's so a Comedy Drama. Still, I've seen the pilot and it's good. I shall be watching.

I'm bored of Kevin Smith. His name does not excite me anymore. The more stuff he produces the more disappointed I get. The whole self-awareness within his stories is slightly smug and not even very clever. He should've stopped at Mallrats.

Re: Sitcom project, I think everyone's had that sort of idea somewhere along their comedy writing 'career'; I wrote a play with a friend with that exact premise when I was about 15. Completely unaware of Pratchett as well. I would think that a collaborative project like that would do better by a different and perhaps more 'pedestrian' premise in that everyone would have experience of the situation and it wouldn't appear a 'gimmicky' sit.

Quote: Leevil @ January 11, 2008, 2:15 PM

I'm bored of Kevin Smith. His name does not excite me anymore. The more stuff he produces the more disappointed I get. The whole self-awareness within his stories is slightly smug and not even very clever. He should've stopped at Mallrats.

Oh no! Clerks 2 was great I thought; and I liked Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back; and Chasing Amy was good too. Admittedly Jersey Girl and Dogma were grade A shite.

I loved his old Jersey films, so I'll give it a go.

He's coming out with a new movie starring Elizabeth Banks and Seth Rogen. I'm actually really excited about it.

This is meant to be good but the E4 advert with that annoying voice over guy just makes me not want to watch it. :D

At least it looks like the last thing that Brett Harrison was in, where he worked for an Airline, has been cancelled. I saw a few episodes on either BRAVO, or TROUBLE, and it was terrible.

I want to see this. Anyone know when it starts?

I've watched it already and I thought it was pretty bad. I don't think it will last, Kevin Smith connection or not...actually come to think of it most TV shows with SK connections don't last save "My Name is Earl".

Anyone see it? Wasn't bad... wasn't great.