Sooper Parents showcase

Sooper Parents is a spoof weblog. It features Zac Ffonseca, a slightly ludicrous and pompous, pc parent trying to promote his average children beyond their abilities. This is video number 2 of a total of 34 none of which last more than 3 or 4 minutes.
I apologise now for shortcomings in the acting but in the absence of any available acting talent I had to make do with myself.
Please feel free to comment.

http://youtu.be/yANPaHl29oU

"I think we could hear Mr Merlot talking"
That made me laugh.

HI Larry, I'm glad you liked the "merlot" line. Although the paranoia in me asks am I in danger of being damned by faint praise?

Not at all.
I found the performance quite believable.
Are you reading the script? I only ask because sometimes it look as if you're reading from something off to your right? It would be better, in that case to have it on more in your direct eyeline.
34 is too many to watch, frankly, and I'm not sure how, exactly, people are meant to watch them.
You might be best linking them with typical "Day One" style titles between them - having first cut them down to within an inch of their life (one of the advantages of the format is clumsy jump cuts are all part of the 'style').
Keep the absolute best bits and make sure you preserve some sort of story building.
Aim at under 15 mins for the whole thing.
Imagine the sort of filler things you sometimes get on the Beeb.
Could be nice.
It's certainly refreshing to see a more mature take on this sort of thing.
Always preferred a good Merlot to a Bacardi Breezer.

Perhaps my numbering system is confusing.

The whole series of 34 vids adds up to a total of 1hr 18 minutes of airtime - the numbering runs from 1 to 6 and then 2.1,2.2 etc on until the last one 8.1 This is just a way of tracking where you are in the series. Each episode follows on from the previous one and carries on the story. For example - Part 2.1.2.2 and so on are all part of a sub title dealing with The Holiday but follows the previous one then, 3.1,3.2 etc (subtitle Ecology) and so on. It's a whole series so I'm not sure how to cut it down as it is sequential and each episode connects with the one before and the one following.
Re the reading thing........later on it's much better as I've memorised the words...like a proper actor does! There is also slapstick and physical comedy in patches.
I'm not sure how I can cut it without pulling it apart and losing the story. I've spliced it all into one piece but to upload it to YouTube will take about 4 months! Any suggestions?

Is it all really one story or are their sub-plots that you could lose?
It's often easier to lose a whole chunk rather than dicker about at the edges.
It's obviously your call but I'm just not sure who's going to watch it all.
(Some of them only have 1 view - and that was me!)
Do you know anyone who's a good editor - someone you trust who fancies a project - might be a way forward.
And anyway, if the later ones are better than the earlier ones - do the early ones again!

Tough but fair - that's me.

Thanks again, Larry. I appreciate your comments. I will have to review.