Writing Partner

I'm looking for a writing partner, fairly shameless plug but I want to take my comedy writing seriously (excuse the pun) and would appreciate someone likeminded or otherwise that wants to achieve great things.

Bit of background to me, I'm 26, I live in London (London Bridge) so would ideally be looking for someone to meet up with, have a beer and throw ideas around. But if there's someone outstanding who can operate over email, I'm alright with that too.

Things I enjoy/admire(in no particular order)

Fast Show
The Office
Alan Partridge
Arrested Development
Monty Python
South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy
Spaced
Dave Chappelle
Marty Feldman
Peep Show
The Thick of It
and a million other things...

I'm looking to create a sketch show - not quite sure what yet, but something heroic and original (as much as original can be achieved anyway).

Main thing is I'm taking this seriously, so I need someone that will do the same. Not sure how to do this exactly but I guess write here if you're interested and we can take it from there!

I can't help you but can I congratulate you on a proper request for a partner. This should be the template for requests. I've seen so many people just put: "Who wants to write with me - you lucky bastard?" But you've told us about your interests etc.

I hope you find a partner. ;)

Hi

I am part of a comedy sketch group called Goes Well With Cheese (GWWC) always looking for good writers, if you fancy joining us?

Phil

Do you have any gigs/links we can look at to get your style? A bit of history?

I found this:
50 minutes of Goes Well With Cheese. http://vimeo.com/29310181

You had me on Arrested Development, mate.

If I still lived in London this would be a God send to me - I've been looking for a writing partner for ages, someone to bounce ideas off of etc, but as I'm now based down here in not-so-sunny-anymore Devon, where people still write with quills, won't have their photos taken in case they lose their souls, think Max Wall is a God and that The Life of Brian is heresy, then...

Like you, I've got some ideas, wickedly funny and completely original in my head at least, but I need fresh input on my sitcom idea, someone who can see past the trees, if you know what I mean? The Marks to my Granm, as they say.

If you think it would work via this e-mail thingy then feel free to give me a shout.

Anyway, good luck with your search.

Simon

Hi

Just saw your post

I am looking for a sketch writing partner to bounce ideas around with. I have some acting and writing experience and am serious about developing characters with a writing partner/s