Hello

Hi everyone,

I love my comedy! Thatt pretty much sums up my reasons for joining this forum.
I'm much more of a stand up kind of guy, but a good sitcom can hit the spot just as well, and let's not forget a good comedy gameshow too!

I do have one question though, where do I learn how to write jokes/comedy? Do people have any recommendations for books or courses that could help me? I had a quick look with the search function but couldn't seem to find anything?
I seem to say stuff that others find funny, but then never have a pen and paper to hand to write it down! Remember a pad and pen I hear you cry, trouble is I have a bad memory! Anyone got any ideas about any good memory courses?

Well I've forgotten why I started this so best leave you to get on with whatever you were doing before this took your attention away from it!

Thanks

Wave

There is no substitution for jotting ideas down, go and find some paper and a pen immediately and keep it on your person at all times. Do it now, off you go!

Welcome aboard, Mase. There's a plethora of information about how to write comedy in our various writers' forums (toward the bottom on the front page).

Wave

Quote: AJGO @ August 16 2011, 9:27 AM BST

Wave

There is no substitution for jotting ideas down, go and find some paper and a pen immediately and keep it on your person at all times. Do it now, off you go!

Well that's me told! Pen and paper at the ready and reporting for duty!! :D

:D
Glad to hear it, welcome!

Hi Mase,
Wave

Wouldn't know where to start telling you how to write jokes. If you did a Google on the matter, and read the good interview links on this site, you should get yourself a priceless education for free.

As for improving your memory, er, ever see Memento?

By Jove, another one! Hello! Wave

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 16 2011, 9:43 PM BST

Hi Mase,
Wave

Wouldn't know where to start telling you how to write jokes. If you did a Google on the matter, and read the good interview links on this site, you should get yourself a priceless education for free.

As for improving your memory, er, ever see Memento?

The thing is I'd forget to get the tattoo! Whistling nnocently