Sketch

INT. GOD'S OFFICE - HEAVEN

God sits behind his desk. Moses sits opposite, feet up.

GOD
....And then Joseph's all like "Whattaya mean
I gotta raise him as my own?"

Moses bursts out laughing. God chuckles along. Moses strikes a match, lights his pipe.

MOSES
Ahh, good stuff. Good stuff.

There's a knock at the door. An Angel pops her head around her door.

ANGEL
Sorry to interupt but, your three o'clock
"Working In Mysterious Ways" is ready.

GOD
Already? Okay, thank you.

The Angel leaves. A flatscreen monitor rises from God's desk. Google earth appears on screen. God taps the screen as it goes from Earth. To country map. To town map. To street view. Close on Road.

EXT. ROAD - EARTH

An Uptight Woman drives her Punto down the road. She stops at the traffic lights. Next to her is a car full of Teenagers. The Driver smokes a joint.
Uptight Woman lowers her window and waves to get their attention.

UPTIGHT WOMAN
Excuse me? EXCUSE ME!?

DRIVER
What up?

UPTIGHT WOMAN
Smoking in a confined space? Really? Are you aware
of the dangers to your fellow passengers?

DRIVER
Whatever lady. Peace.

UPTIGHT WOMAN
Peace? Don't ignore me young man, secondary
smoke is a killer, and you brazenly endanger
your passengers' lives? Your reckless behaviour is going
to prematurely end your own life, and the life of your ---

The Teenagers speed away. The Uptight Woman is indignant. Her face reddens in anger. She reverses the car and lurches forwards, attempts to change lanes so she can catch up with them.

From out of nowhere a BP Tanker honks. The tanker crashes into the Punto, pushes it several yards down the road before both the tanker and Punto go up in flames.

The Punto door opens. The Uptight Woman crawls out, on fire. She stands as the flames begin to devour her clothes and skin.

As she stumbles across her road, A Coach screeches through the carnage, hits the Woman and sends her up into the air.

INT. GOD'S OFFICE - HEAVEN

God and Moses slap a high five over the desk.

Hmmm, what inspired that drug fuelled scribbling then?

I don't do drugs, I'm teetotal and lucid.
It's just a big variation on the scene I put in the weekly vote.

Ah, right, you disappoint me! It's the sort of sketch I'd expect from a Bill Hicks fan, and possibly a fan of Team America et al.

It OSSS-some. Seriously. Really liked it. :)

Nice dialogue and characters, well structured.

But surely you can find a better use for them?

Thanks Bryan, Long time no see, you been on holiday? Glad it tickled you.

Soots, yeah, I have a bundle of 'Drunk God/Crackhead Moses' sketches where they do something in a 'Mysterious Way' to allievate the boredom of humanities fall from grace. Their Heaven is generally a ramshackle dive gone down the tubes and neglected, like Detroit, but with Bible characters gone bitter, because of the misinformed revisionism.

I typed up this just to improv the leftover bits from the skit comp entry.

There's YouTube footage that backs me up.

The dialogue and characterisation is very sharp and that's usually the tricky bit.

Quote: sootyj @ August 15 2011, 5:14 PM BST

The dialogue and characterisation is very sharp and that's usually the tricky bit.

Such kind words from a grizzled sketch veteran means a lot :)

A grizzled sketch writer who usually can't write characters for shit.

Quote: sootyj @ August 15 2011, 5:23 PM BST

A grizzled sketch writer who usually can't write characters for shit.

I usually find with yours the character comes first and then the joke.
Jesus Christ The Clown? The depressed Clark Kent?
These were diamonds in the rough my friend.

As for my sketches, any attempt at sketch writing from now on is definitely going to remain in the Mcintyre-lite world of "Here's A Joke" "Here's Another"
No-ones looking for anything vicious or dark in a sketch - Gonna keep it strictly light from now on.

Boo!

Darkness rules.
nb remember Jam, Blue, loads of Mitchell and Webb, Monty Python, NT90N loads of dark sketch shows.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 16 2011, 10:15 AM BST

As for my sketches, any attempt at sketch writing from now on is definitely going to remain in the Mcintyre-lite world of "Here's A Joke" "Here's Another"
No-ones looking for anything vicious or dark in a sketch.

Why do you say that?