What are you watching on TV? Page 1,489

We bought the original a while back. It's a little hokey, but considering that all sci-fi was then it's not too bad.

Well, we seemed to have fizzled out on Fringe, so we were looking for something similar. If anyone else has Virgin Media they'll know they love to promote the hell out of their latest OnDemand content and V kept popping up. Oh well, looks like we'll have to wait for true Blood to show a few more and then have a marathon of that.

Still have the last series of United States of Tara to watch. Shame it was axed.

Tara was a great show. Unfortunately not many people have Showtime over here. We have it as a freebie, so I've never missed an episode. Sad to see it go.

That said, I'm thrilled that BBC America is finally running something besides Ramsay or Top Gear reruns. We have Outnumbered (yay!), Friday Night Dinner (hmm) and soon Mitchell and Webb will be back.

Never seen True Blood. I assumed since I'm neither a hormonal woman or trying to get into someones pants I'm not part of the 'target audience'

True Blood seems to be very polarizing here: people either really love it...or they hate it so much they write snotty letters to their congressman.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 31 2011, 2:44 PM BST

Tara was a great show. Unfortunately not many people have Showtime over here. We have it as a freebie, so I've never missed an episode. Sad to see it go.

Lucky you! I wasn't sure about it at first but it grew on me.

Quote: Gavin @ July 31 2011, 2:45 PM BST

Never seen True Blood. I assumed since I'm neither a hormonal woman or trying to get into someones pants I'm not part of the 'target audience'

It's a good mix of dark comedy, great characters and fantasy action. With a bit of saucy sex in it.

Shows are never given a chance to grow here, unless it's on pay TV.

The odd thing is that payed for TV tends to be worse here. I think it's getting better, they seem to be investing in the right things at last. But for a while, all subscription TV appeared to be was repeats, adverts and lame attempts at good programmes. Oh and more repeats.

We watch very little mainstream TV now. We watch most everything new on HBO and Showtime. My kids have really got into PBS as of late, so the Saturday night BBC block is a big hit. And of course, lots of cartoons. So much of what we have just stinks, and if the show is good, they won't let it die, even when it desperately needs to be put out of its misery.

*hmmms The Simpson's theme tune*

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 31 2011, 2:31 PM BST

The first episode was sort of OK

I'd have to disagree.

The bit that had me screaming at the screen was when the Main Alien Chick casually walks for the first time into the UN building (or whatever it was) through a crowd of people.

No guards to speak of, no guys in hazmat suits, no quarantine...

More unrealistic than the lizards thing.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 31 2011, 3:06 PM BST

We watch very little mainstream TV now. We watch most everything new on HBO and Showtime. My kids have really got into PBS as of late, so the Saturday night BBC block is a big hit. And of course, lots of cartoons. So much of what we have just stinks, and if the show is good, they won't let it die, even when it desperately needs to be put out of its misery.

Your little uns watching the new Thundercats? It's awesome, if you have Cartoon Nework well worth checking out :)

Quote: Gavin @ July 31 2011, 4:25 PM BST

Your little uns watching the new Thundercats? It's awesome, if you have Cartoon Nework well worth checking out :)

Hell yeah!!! It premiered Friday night here and we've watched it 7 times already.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ July 31 2011, 4:22 PM BST

I'd have to disagree.

The bit that had me screaming at the screen was when the Main Alien Chick casually walks for the first time into the UN building (or whatever it was) through a crowd of people.

No guards to speak of, no guys in hazmat suits, no quarantine...

More unrealistic than the lizards thing.

Her hair made me really angry.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 31 2011, 4:47 PM BST

Hell yeah!!! It premiered Friday night here and we've watched it 7 times already.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud your beating me, I only seen twice :D Got some catching up to do :D

Quote: Gavin @ July 31 2011, 5:38 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud your beating me, I only seen twice :D Got some catching up to do :D

I just told my kids that and you are officially in a challenge. My money's on my kids. :D