Spike Milligan doctor with dwarfed person sketch Page 2

My Dad and I watched the "Best of Q" Video last night.

Whilst there were a few good bits in there, and I had only seen about 5 minutes of it before, I certainly didn't think the sketches were the best of Q at all.

There are some episodes on that YouTube that they've got now, you may have seen it. I've also come across a site that advertises all the shows series by series, but alas the links do not work.

Some of Spike's material hasn't aged too well! There was a Pakistani/Cat Food sketch from Q5 (I believe it still exists) which would never be shown in today's climate!

It was the abstract surrealism of his I enjoyed most! Who else would end a sketch that wasn't working by having the cast succumb to an outbreak of "ARRR! JIM LAD!!"

Spike's humour was unique - what was totally endearing was his inability to control his laughter.
These days it would be classed as un-professional!
As for the naked lady in his sketches, that was no doubt a self indulgence Rolling eyes

Quote: Steve Charlie @ May 10 2011, 5:43 AM BST

I watched the best of Spike Milligan DVD recently. I found some of his sketche very funny - but others not funny at all.

One sketch I didn't get at all. Have you seen it? It's where Spike is a doctor and a dwarf comes in and goes behind the screen and then a tall guy comes out and it ends up with the waiting room people laughing at someone outside (the doctor?). The only thing I could come up with was that it was some sort of post-modern experiment to see if people would find humour in some fairly random stream of consciousness type sketch.

What do you think?

So this is where Ricky Gervais gets his ideas from. Dead comedians!

Rolling eyes