Angry Boys Page 3

Nathans 'Legnds' wall is how the characters have been loosely linked. I'm on episode 4 at the moment and there's more emphasis on the people who Nathan and Daniel look up to. trying not to sounds overly preachy, but, the boys are all just paying for their role models mistakesa and that becomes blatant as the series goes on too.

I'm really enjoying this.

"I want to complain..."
I have just watched bits of episode three and my personal opinion stays exactly the same as before with the additions of: I think it is bollocks, it may be a mockumentary (I think) but with how little I'm laughing it could well be a Louis Theroux documentary only not as interesting, there is still too much swearing for my tastes (with what I grew up with, 'bastard' and 'sod' [if I may say those] were the worst forms of swearing) and finally just a statement that I laughed more during Terry Pratchett: Choosing to Die.

Anyone else feel the same or am I just an odd one at home?

I like it. Still not keen on the Smouse bits, but I love the twins, and like the new Japanese characters.

Which bit is Smouse, is he the rapper?

Yep. Those bits probably have the most swearing.
I just find the character annoying.

Yes I noticed, because a BBC 3 announcement came up in the middle of that bit saying there is strong language. Funniest bit of the show if you ask me.

That was bizarre!
I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but what's the point of warning about swearing during the swearing? Was funny though.

I think if I watch anymore of this show then I will generate a general, inexpicable and unfair loathing of Australians.

It's just not funny enough.
I watched this because of the 'buzz' I've been picking up about it.
Very dissapointing - really weak - nothing to it.

For some reason S'mouse's dad really bothers me. He just seems really unbelievable to me as a character, especially when he starts swearing.

I love Gran though. The superhero pajamas were great.

Quote: Bill Jaguar @ June 14 2011, 11:33 PM BST

I think if I watch anymore of this show then I will generate a general, inexpicable and unfair loathing of Australians.

I watched some of Bread but never hated the English. I think Angry Boys is as dumb and boring as Australia's Funniest Home Videos, although it is attracting fewer viewers. Here's an antidote to the tedium of Angry Boys: first, switch to DVD and watch Series 13 of South Park, later watch the Doctor Who serial Meglos and subsequently turn off the telly and read a book called Provenance - a fascinating account of the con-artist business of art forgeries.

I thought the first episode was a bit slow-going and not really funny enough, but the second was much better and did quite enjoy that one a lot. Especially S.Mouse's dad.

Have ordered Summer Heights High as never saw that, thinking it was some usual BBC3 shite about schools rather than an actual comedy.

Dan

Quote: Kenneth @ June 15 2011, 10:50 AM BST

I watched some of Bread but never hated the English. I think Angry Boys is as dumb and boring as Australia's Funniest Home Videos, although it is attracting fewer viewers. Here's an antidote to the tedium of Angry Boys: first, switch to DVD and watch Series 13 of South Park, later watch the Doctor Who serial Meglos and subsequently turn off the telly and read a book called Provenance - a fascinating account of the con-artist business of art forgeries.

Sorry Kenneth, didn't mean to offend you (or any Australian), it was intended to be a joke. But I do just hate this show, For me it's quality of comedy is worthless it is only really worthy of being on YouTube. It is as funny as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liDyfwPxaM4 A better antidote to angry boys for me is The Two Ronnies, A Bit Of Fry And Laurie, Morecambe And Wise, Monty Python, Red Dwarf or Blackadder (2, 3 and 4)

Again all my own opinion, if you like the show, good on you.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 15 2011, 10:50 AM BST

I think the "funniest Home Videos" comparison is a bit unfair. "Angry Boys" is a satire - "Funniest Home Videos" is just a dopey reality show where the audience gets a laugh out of actual human misery, pain and embarrassment - as well as the tiresome kids and animals stuff.
I think that there is a big difference between a creative work that makes an observation about humanity and dumb, exploitative reality television.
I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, however, and that book sounds interedting - but I find "South Park" more culpable than "Angry Boys" for its indulgence in shock value and mere offensiveness rather than satire and wit. The writers clearly have ability, but I find that when Americans try to do bad taste humour, they often just push it into bad taste.

Quote: ToddB @ June 15 2011, 1:17 PM BST

I think the "funniest Home Videos" comparison is a bit unfair. "Angry Boys" is a satire - "Funniest Home Videos" is just a dopey reality show where the audience gets a laugh out of actual human misery, pain and embarrassment - as well as the tiresome kids and animals stuff.
I think that there is a big difference between a creative work that makes an observation about humanity and dumb, exploitative reality television.
I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, however, and that book sounds interedting - but I find "South Park" more culpable than "Angry Boys" for its indulgence in shock value and mere offensiveness rather than satire and wit. The writers clearly have ability, but I find that when Americans try to do bad taste humour, they often just push it into bad taste.

It just depends what you find funny. I would say that neither Angry Boys nor South Park are clever and neither are funny, for me they are both just straight up rubbish.