Ugly Betty...? Page 4

Well I hope so!

I have finished so it's down to others really.

I dont mean to be naughty, I just cant help myself.

I do hope it is all done & dusted.

As you say, done and dusted. Life's too short.

This is poor with a capital POOR. Two episodes were enough for me (I never give up on a sitcom after just one episode). It would appear that the plotline follows the following formula:-

Betty is fish out of water and universally laughed at.
Betty struggles through her working day.
Her boss is floundering thanks to jealous colleagues efforts to sabotage the mag.
Bettie pulls off a coup.

....and still the fashion disaster that is Betty walks into work the next day looking as bad as ever.

Might have made a decent film, how they'll stretch it out to 13+ episodes I'll never know.

Oh, and the attempt to put an arcane/supernatural edge on the show with the mummified woman in the attic on the dialysis machine is so blatantly an attempt to be "current" in light of shows such as Desperate Housewives, it's embarassing. It's no "My Name is Earl" or "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" I'm afraid.

-Kyle

This has just come on UKGold and I actually thought the theme music was from The Two Ronnies Piggy Malone stories and I was waiting for Ronnie Barker's voice over before I turned round and ssw Rik Mayall on the screen! :O

I really like "Ugly Betty" - big but well drawn characters and outlandish, soap operatic plots told with believability. :)

Just never understood Ugly Betty's success, not my kind of show at all. Watched a few episodes but just totally lost interest after that. http://www.zalando.co.uk/clothing/ Didn't care for the characters, thought the acting was poor and really not very funny.

I always liked the comic book style screen wipes and bold, almost campy, style of a lot of this show. It managed to create characters in a bold, brittle stule and then peel back the lipgloss/mascara to reveal some emotional honesty when necessary.