Still Game - Christmas and Hogmany Specials Page 2

I used to regularly use a music forum, on which at least 50% of the comment-posters were Scottish, and they were always going on about this. It was true that the BBC had a problem with the accents, as I remember the Scots on the forum being annoyed about it. I like the show, but it's not the type of thing I'd worry about missing. I think the two blokes who write it could've come up with something a bit more exciting, if they'd just written about people their own age.

Quote: David Chapman @ December 27, 2007, 11:08 PM

Maybe I'll give it a try again.

You should it’s wonderful.

I think the two blokes who write it could've come up with something a bit more exciting, if they'd just written about people their own age.

Sorry to say, but in reading your feedback, I feel, you may be missing the intent of Still Game! ... Cultural differences?

The whole emphasise of the comedy, deliberately surrounds Jack & Victor, outlining their day to day struggles as senior citizens in a modern Glasgow.

it is excellent stuff

But it clashes with League of Gentlemen film.

One of my "many" favourite clips!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mRpbWGfNyw

Quote: David Chapman @ December 28, 2007, 8:47 PM

But it clashes with League of Gentlemen film.

Which was utter, utter garbage.

Well the Hogmanay special is going to be the last Still Game for the forseeable future. In the Daily Record today, it says that Ford and Greg will be taking a break from writing it.

Hopefully, it's not the end. :(

Quote: Jazza @ December 30, 2007, 12:26 AM

Well the Hogmanay special is going to be the last Still Game for the forseeable future. In the Daily Record today, it says that Ford and Greg will be taking a break from writing it.

Hopefully, it's not the end. :(

I would prefer them to go out of a high, but it would be sad if this is indeed, the end!! *sobs*

Ach, yeas canne get the 'Still Game' x-mas specials in the UK on DVD! This make me mad, who stole ma buntin!

Are you doing the spring cleaning Will - all these threads you are dusting off and re-opening!? ;)

Nothing wrong with bringing up old threads. We'd certainly much rather that than having a million duplicates!

Quote: Aaron @ May 29 2008, 9:52 PM BST

Nothing wrong with bringing up old threads. We'd certainly much rather that than having a million duplicates!

They didn't die a death for nothing though did they? :)

See Amazon product listing

Just bought this.